by yknot 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
  • Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

This outline mentioned, nanotechnology.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Thanks! Nice to have you pop in Yknot.

As for the talk ... looks like a snoozer.

• Gayle
    Gayle

No heavenly hope even mentioned, only earthly. Did the heavenly gates close again?

• sir82
    sir82

"Nanotechnology"! <Chortle>

"Hey, let's drop a cool-sounding word into our outline so it sounds like we're all hip and stuff."

I can hardly wait for Joe the 80 year old window washer with a 6th grade education to explain "nanotechnology" to the audience.

Incidentally, what in the flock does "nanotechnology" have to do with "creating life"?

It's on par to saying "Despite microwave radiation, fleas do not have the ability to recite Shakespeare".

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well at leat the talk isn't entitled " Is it later than you thought it was last year ". I don't know how much more I can take.......

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

something is wrong with sendspace. i was unable to download it. file not found.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

LOL Sir82, exactly!!

Notice the reference on Nanotechnology is from a 99" WT. I'm at work so I can't check the CD Rom to see if that article delves into Nanotechnology, but it probably does. If it does, considering we're encroaching upon 2013, the article's information is not only irrelevant, but grossly outdated. Like Sir82 mentioned, I can only imagine listening to an uneducated brother attempting to speak fluently and coherently from the platform on a subject such as nanotechnology, all the while trying to make a doctrinal point. That has fail written all over it.

On another note, is it me or does their description of life everlasting come off depressing at times? Read towards the bottom of the outline where it describes what we have to look forward to.

"Living forever will give us endless oppurtunities to discover more about Jehovah God and to enjoy friendship with all those who love him."

Maybe I lack imagination, but this line conjures to mind endless meetings and endless gatherings. It's just not encouraging to me.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    Earth wide, millions of people die each year.

Holy shit! Is this really true?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

W99 on nanotechnology, ...hmm they really are bang up to date aren't they?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit