2013 Special Talk PDF "Does Death End It All?"

by yknot 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• St George of England
    St George of England
    'fess up right now: "Does Death End It All?" Save the niceties for inconsequential threads, and please, please, please, just tell me, Does it?

Afraid so Steve! A week after you die you will either be in a box six foot below ground and starting to rot or in a cheap plastic urn as fine ash!

That mate is it! The following week most people will have forgotten you. It came as quite a shock to me when I discovered TTATT that all the New World full of friendly lions and living forever is just a load of twaddle.

George

• Scott77
    Scott77

No heavenly hope even mentioned, only earthly. Did the heavenly gates close again?
    Gayle

Hi Gayle,

I thought about the same. This is a very important question.

Scott77

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Thank you yknot.

It is really something how WT calls these after memorial talks.... 'Special'. There is absolutely nothing 'Special' about them.

• truthlover
    truthlover

Printed off the new download address, thanks very much

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

The uneducated writer who wrote this outline was apparently looking for a trendy word to insert into this incredibly boring outline... so he probably flipped through the pages of a Reader's Digest he picked up in the subway on his way back to bethel and noticed the word "nanotechnology".

But what irritates me the most in this outline is this intelligence-insulting doomsday claim in the last section:

"Now that sufficient time has elapsed for all to to see the results of disobedience to his laws, the appointed hour is fast approaching for God to correct matters on Earth."

Are you f**king kidding me? Yet another Armageddon prediction (albeit slightly vague in nature) to get the weak dubs off their asses and into Field Circus again. Will the dubs ever realize that this is really just a well-organized money-laundering scam?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The talk has appeal to those with a 1st or 2nd grade education. Other than that it lacks logical conclusions, and talks about generalities that have little if any bearing the subject and is based on wishful thinking and a delusion that the authors hold in common.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

the appointed hour is fast approaching

creating a sense of urgency without actually defining it

reminds me of a scripture

(Proverbs 13:12) ...Expectation postponed is making the heart sick
  • Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

I wonder how many elders will be using the word "nanotechnology" today while giving this talk today...

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

April 7

• blondie
    blondie

I bet this point won't be made.

*** w89 9/1 p. 19 par. 7 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium ***

Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the “great crowd,” as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. (Revelation 7:9-17; 2 Corinthians 4:4) They will make up the “flesh” that Jesus Christ said would be saved through the worst tribulation of all human history.

or any of these

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/salvation-only-for-jehovahs-witnesses.php

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit