I know very few JW window washers and cleaners

by MC RubberMallet 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

I know one elder in my last circuit who owns a cleaning business. His family works for him. And there is a brother who left bethel who is now a sub CO and does window washing. Another brother in the hall I grew up in cleaned carpets, but it was his business also.

Out of ALL brothers that I am familiar with, these are amongst the few in the cleaning business, but even they work for themselves and make decent money... I know some elders with menial jobs, but I know many with high paying jobs and degrees. You know, the elders and their wives that are ALWAYS on vacation?

I agree that either or doesn't make anyone qualified to LEAD, but I need to give credit where its due. Most elders I have seen my entire life have been doing well workwise.

To continually hear elders generalized as window washers and janitors got old.

• Aware!
    Aware!

But what exactly do you all mean by window-washer? A custodian/janitor or the picture I posted?

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Yep. At least that's what I keep reading here. Window washers, janitors, toilet scrubbers, etc.

Pretty much undesirable, low paying, unglorified jobs.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet
    And I know very many. There you go.

To categorize though, there should be a unified overall consensus. Even if all the elders in a hall are literally janitors, generalizing the elders in the org as a whole as such is incorrect.

There are many outspoken prideful people on this site. Would I say that covers MOST on here? Definitely not! But what if I based everyone on this site on the few outstanding ones that are that way?

What if I said "I hate JWN. The people there are so prideful, argumentative, and childish?" That description covers many, but very few overall. Would you be ok with that description of you, the person behind the name?

There you go.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Perfect1, you have a PM.

• jam
    jam

It may have been unglorified job but the pay was great.

I owned the company for three years. I started off with

one customer within one years I ran two crews. We specialize

in private homes. Because we were JW,s my company grew, the

customers trusted us in their homes. When I sold the business

we were average 10 homes a day. This was in the early 70,s...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I know heaps of them, and just found out about another one

New Zealand also has Jay's Carpet Cleaning. Try and get a franchise in that without a baptism, Brother.

Guess what 'Jay' stands for! No prizes, sorry.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Even if the term "window washers and cleaners" isn't always to be taken literally, there is more than a grain of truth in that expression (as there is with all other cliches).

The fact of the matter is that JWs are over-represented in the lower socio-economic strata;an inevitable result of theWTS's downer on education.

The Judicial Committee that handled my daughter's attempted suicide were certainly well qualified to handle such a sensitive matter (not!), consisting as it did of:

- one boilermaker.

- one laborer.

- and (almost inevitably) one office cleaner.

Bill

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It was mixed in my former congregation, but some of the ones that were around me were in fact cleaners or general maintenance people. The scumbag that dragged me into the cancer, along with his crew of scum that fixed my soul to Jehovah with black magick, were in fact cleaners by trade.

And no wonder. They discourage a decent education. Cleaning jobs work well with pious-sneering, as many of them are done at night (field circus all day, work all night, and wonder why they die off before 70). And they harp on "Your work shouldn't be any fun, because it might then interfere with your field circus". They wouldn't want anyone missing a boasting session because they are designing video games or inventing a light bulb that puts out 600 lumens per watt or more, has user adjustable color temperature and a CRI of 100, and is fully dimmable. Nor do they want anyone making a name for themselves by inventing a device to make a car get 500 km per liter of gas, now would they?

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

I know a few window cleaners, a few janitors and office cleaners. Sad coz some of them could probably be earning double their current salary, as they had potential if they had only applied themselves. I think what most of them prefer is the fact that they aren't in an office or workplace with other contagious worldlies. Plus they can choose their hours and make sure they become a field service conductor in the mid-week when there's just sisters, and 'reach out' for positions of 'power'.

I feel sorry for the brothers who work in the building trade etc. They must really stand out amidst their colleagues, and have to put up with a lot of BS from workmates.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit