I know very few JW window washers and cleaners

by MC RubberMallet 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Maybe these occupations are quoted to make a point, but it loses meaning when maybe 1% of brothers I know actually has these as jobs.

I know and elder who does it and highered on a MS to help him, lol. I don't think it's a stereotype because it happens quite frequently. I remember joking with my dad a long time ago about how most brothers did window washing and this was in the 90's. But that's as far as their education could lead them...

• jam
    jam

I had over a dozen or so working for me.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

It kinda bothers me when all of them are painted with this broad brush. I served with probably 25 different elders over a few years, none were window washers/janitors. But only three held a four year degree.

I did know a TON of women who did housecleaning as a side business. A few I know never reported a dime to the IRS on those earnings. So much for paying Caesars things to Caesar.

It doesn't do our cause much good to stereotype elders like that, if lurkers come to the site they could quickly dismiss the arguments being made.

• Aware!
    Aware!

Please excuse my ignorance and my taking things literally, but is a 'window-washer' someone who just does that? Or is that what you fellows call custodians? I also think (assume) the point trying to emphasized is that JWs are not too keen on education?

Is this the type of 'window-washer' referred to in the OPs first post?

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

insurance salesman

post office clerk

sports accessory salesman

fed ex driver

janitor

carpet cleaner

accountant

magazine graphics editor

photographer

plumber

carpenter

electrician

county tax acessor

programmer

gate keeper

and window washer

Various jobs held by some of the Elders I know

• Aware!
    Aware!

It doesn't do our cause much good to stereotype elders like that, if lurkers come to the site they could quickly dismiss the arguments being made.

I had to be very open-minded (obviously) when I found this website. As Russel said: “A truth presented by Satan himself is just as true as a truth stated by God. . . . Accept truth wherever you find it, no matter what it contradicts” (WT 7/1879, pp. 8-9). I hear out everyone regardless.

• jam
    jam

A lot depends on the area you live in. I did quite well

in my janitor service. But in my area there were a few.

It worked out great for the pioneers in the congregation.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Very true Aware! I came across this site almost 10 years ago, but quickly dismissed it when I saw some rantings against the "faithful slave". My mind was closed at the time. It took another 6 years before I returned with an open mind.

• perfect1
    perfect1

And I know very many. There you go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit