What's in your current meeting bag?

by nochoice 41 Replies latest jw friends

• perfect1
    perfect1

Dear No Choice-

Isnt that about what youd expect from a Publishing Corporation!

Multiply that by all the dubbies and you have a lucrative enterprise.

• happy@last
    happy@last

I recall it didn't matter what size of case I had it was never big enough. Now it's gathering dust. I used to carry several public talk outlines and notes too which I stumbled across a few months ago which ended up on a bonfire in the garden, gave me quite a warm feeling.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Every out of print book that I have stolen from the KH library, and a recording device.

• Gaje boy
    Gaje boy

Mine is collecting dust somewhere in the house. Since this topic is on meetings bags and I have been out for over 10 years, I have a question.

What is the JW position on back packs? Do they allow back packs to meetings? Out in field service? Even most businessmen/women who used to carry brief cases now carry back packs to work, I do.

• nochoice
    nochoice

Regarding back packs, that wouldn't fly in my hall. I witnessed a brother being counseled that his bag was canvas. It was a nice high quality canvas bag, probably more expensive than the faux leather of some of the other brothers, but apparently it was too casual. Canvas knap sack or back pack, no way! I am surprised the WT hasn't found a way to sell Watchtower branded breifcases to the freinds yet. For that matter, they could possibly resell ipads to the brothers with a small markup that already have WT stuff loaded and this site blocked!

• yknot
    yknot

Meeting tote-bag

*ereader w/wireless earbuds

*WTs highligted, underlined & marginal notated but rarely cracked during the study.

*couple notepads & pencils

*greenie

*songbook

*waterbottle

*washable crayons, theocratic printouts and non-offending picture or beginning reading books

FS bags are usually various purses that have front slits to display tracts and Bible Teach book that are uber handy for 'retail FS'.

My current FS bag has 2 Bible Teach and 5 tracts, 2 WTs, 2 Awakes kept organized a folio when doing d2d

NWT

Notepad and pen

If I know kids are coming I pack various activities and snacks/drinks....

• Sulla
    Sulla

What about, like, a nice leather messenger bag? The sort of thing my wife insists on calling a man-purse, which is totally incorrect and wrong because it's really very manly like the pony express riders would use? Are those ok?

• ocd
    ocd

Candy-lots of candy

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Mmmmm... Candy does help!

• finally awake
    finally awake

I imagine it's full of garbage, nestled deeply in the landfill somewhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit