What's in your current meeting bag?

by nochoice 41 Replies latest jw friends

• supernerdboy
    supernerdboy

I shredded all lititure, however I do not want more trees going to waist, so I gave the refrences and old book bages to a random KH when almost no one was there. Somebody needs to make discised watchtowers that have wake up tidbits, that you do not notice enless they are side by side.

• linuxbob
    linuxbob

Wild Turkey Bourbon.

• nochoice
    nochoice

I shredded all lititure, however I do not want more trees going to waist, so I gave the refrences and old book bages to a random KH when almost no one was there.

This happens at our KH all the time! Being the literature servant, it kind of sucks to constantly have bags and boxes of old literature dropped off!

It messes up the counts, but I don't really care about that being accurate. If they're a discontinued item, then it sucks because our elders say to leave them out on the counter in case any of the friends would like it for thier home library and they sit there for weeks. Bible cassette tapes! Noah VHS! Bound volumes from 10 years ago that are not old enough to be interesting and nostalgic enough for me to take home. No one wants them.

If it's a publication that's in use, the problem is that you really can't put these older, yellowed, hard cover books in with the softcover versions. So those sit out too. If it came from one of the friends in the hall thinking they're doing me a favor, I have to leave it out a while and throw it away a couple weeks later. If it came from a ex-JW getting out of the organization leaving their garbage behind, I can throw it out immediately.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

In the last stages of my fade I was out in service and was criticized by a pioneer because my service bag was not heavy enough. She was the true book sales person whth one of everything, I was the slacker just trying to get by. She figured that out based upon the weight of my service bag. She did not look in, but I think I even forgot a bible.

Towards the end I did not take a bag to the meetings, just the bible and songbook (and Wt for sunday).

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Real slackers go to Sunday meeting with the bible/magazine/songbook combo. No bag, just the basics.

Of course if you are a real fader, then its just bible, songbook. Leave at the half!

Does anyone leave at the half now? It used to be quite fashionable five years ago, Im not sure so much now that they only have a 30 minute public talk...

• supernerdboy
    supernerdboy

All I left was a resoning book and the insights and a few old books, but the insights were only used twice. They would be able to go right to the shelf to suprise the next persohn ordering one.

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

I stopped bringing my bag to the meetings and just brought the bible, song book, KM, pen, and the book we study or the watchtower for sunday.

Then I slowly stopped bringing my song book as brothers are always so willing to share theirs with you

It's gotten to the point where now I just leave my stuff in the KH sound department box since I'm one of the only ones who operates it.

It's fun to see the brother's reactions as I enter the hall with my hands in my pockets and nothing but a "I dont give a f**k" grin!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Dust. I still have my bags... just no trash in them.

• supernerdboy
    supernerdboy

"just no trash in them." LOL!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I don't know what to do with that big ole catalog bag.............Ebay?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit