JW Sister Missing near Portland, OR

by tresdecu 56 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

"Furtively"? I hope she is just taking off with some guy, and not being kidnapped.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Ah! Ditto why FB friends posting this story. Tragic.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

@NomadSoul...If they did cancel meeting, I applaud their Elders (just this once). A classy thing to do considering these circumstances. I'm sure NY or their CO wouldn't approve.

@Pmljohn...I am 99.99% sure this isn't a ruse. She would have to give up family and friends forever and leave them to think she was kidnapped. I know crazy things happen...but not in this case.

I will be following this closely...hope they can get some leads today!

• Tylinbrando
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

undertheradar:

I followed that story 12 years ago with interest.

While I realize she was pregnant, and this woman wanted a baby, and there was something about a vehicle being sold, I could not help but wonder if this sister was perceived as an 'easy mark'?? I realize this is only speculation and we will never really know. This was truly a sad and horrific story and I am glad the husband at least got his baby back alive.

Meanwhile, I hope this latest story about a missing young woman has a happy ending.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Yeah, I checked out her FB last night. So many pictures that show that she had a pretty happy life. They were looking forward to having kids together..seeing these pics just breaks my heart to think of what may have happened. Dammit.

Sick F%$#ing POS's out there, that hurt people...

There is a news conferance latter this morning with the Police...hopefully some new light on the case (no pun intended)

Local Portland TV station:

http://www.katu.com/

• james_woods
    james_woods

Just as a side speculation - I wonder if the Jehovah's Witnesses would be even one-tenth as concerned about her if she had been inactive or suspected of apostacy?

I wonder if they would be even one-tenth as concerned about one of us (the apostates) as we - the apostates - clearly are about one of theirs?

Just something to think about...

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

tresdecu, please check your PMs. Thanks

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

@Barbara, I answered.

They just had a news conf. Nothing huge yet, except for the phone...they talked about her cell phone that was found last night. They are doing analysis now, dna, info on smart phone etc.

One thing I have to remember...things don't happen as fast as on CSI. They are going over tons of video surveillance. They are on it, but it just takes time. Seems like they have several different agencies involved, incl FBI.

@James Woods. No - They probably would not be as concerned if she were inactive, or faded or "worse". Sadely all the "prayers" expressed on her FB page are an outpouring of conditional love, because she is an active JW.

• fiddler
    fiddler

As everyone was feeling, this has not turned out good......Whitney's body was found on Larch Mountain and a suspect has been arrested and charged with agravated murder. It was said that the suspect was an aquaintance of Whitney and her husbands and lived in the same apartment complex as they did. I wonder if he was also JW or maybe df'd or just some guy with an eye on Whitney. It is tragic whatever the connection was...........

I tried to reach out to my JW daughter with this by texting her and letting her know that I was just heartsick over the news because as a mother.........well.......I know how I'd feel if it were my daughter. I then said that I felt that MY daughter was missing in a way but at least I knew where she was (sort of.......she cut me off for being an apostate a year ago and won't answer my text) Anyway, I did get a text from her today but it was just another "I don't want to talk to you mom but we're all fine and don't bother me" kind of text.

No love.

No warmth.

Nevertheless, I cried for Whitney's family and her mother especially.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit