JW Sister Missing near Portland, OR

by tresdecu 56 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I always find it interesting that when something happens to a Dub the religion thing always comes up for some reason

But for all the other unfortunate folks who have been in an accident or killed or something, I'm sure the press never asks "what religion was he ?"

I've never heard or read "John Smith suffered two gun shots that flew into his open window and he was Catholic"

• fiddler
    fiddler

I have had a sick feeling about this ever since I first saw her picture in the news. Something about the background setting of one of the pictures reminded me so much of so many JW gatherings I'd been to and now I just see today that she was indeed JW. I feel badly for anybody that something like this happens to but I too think that knowing her background and that it had been mine at one time made it a little more close to home. I lived in Gresham years ago and went to the KH there. I look at her young husband and although comments on several of the news sites were derogeratory of him all I see in his eyes is anguish and pain. I feel so bad for him and her parents and family. I hope that she is found but I really think she won't be found alive. It just doesn't sound good at all.

• Glander
    Glander

The only news report I saw that mentioned it was a local station that showed an exterior shot of the KH where she met her husband.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Aw, christ...

Call me a pessimist, but I'm having a hard time imagining anyone will see her alive again; to me, the pretty ones always seem like the ones in the most danger.

This's gonna get me all anxious about my kids, now.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, that not good...

She's young, and probably VERY naive, like so many other JW born-ins or those raised from an early age in the cult.

Plus, with that cult background, she's been taught to trust the WRONG sort of people...

Bad, bad, bad situation...

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

AnneB....I know what you mean, I think we feel that way cause we do feel closer to them becuse we have something huge in commen with them...Being a JW (inactive, non-believeing, or whatever...)

It's interesting how far this story is being spread via facebook amoung Dubs. It's natural to want to do anything even tiny (like posting on FB) to try and "help", although we can be about 99% sure a FB post wont help find her.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

So sad.

I read on one of the articles that the meeting was cancelled so the members could go look for her. I was surpised at that.

• flipper
    flipper

Very, very sad . I hope they catch the bastard that kidnapped her. And I hope she survives , but if she does survive she'll have to escape the kidnapper somehow, someway. A beautiful young lady. Really disturbing. Pisses me off

• Emery
    Emery

Yes several of my JW friends on FB who are close to her have been posting this news in a frenzy. I hope and pray that she gets found safely, however I am fearing the worst.

• pmljohn
    pmljohn

Possibility - I have seen in my years growing up in this cult, several examples of "extreme behavior" taken by a JW to get out. I am not saying this is what occurred here, but perhaps she was miserable, wanted out of a marriage and the cult, and staged this. It would certainly be a better outcome than the obvious alternate. And, it is not unheard of. I remember a very elaborate ruse pulled by a young "sister," back in the day. She disappeared, leaving no note behind or informing anyone. She just up and left, leaving behind all her personal effects. About a month later, she was discovered, living in another part of the state, with a new boyfriend. Safe and sound, and much happier outside her marriage and outside the org. It is a possibility, albeit a very remote one. Either way, I wish the best for her and hope she is found, alive and untouched.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit