The reason for my delay......

by EndofMysteries 82 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Since we are still waiting to be Rick Rolled,

True, there are many doors out there.

Yet only ONE door leads to God, and to life: Christ.

Are There Many Paths to God?

One may say that Christ is the Son of God. Another says that Allah is God and Mohammed is his Prophet. Yet another believes that Joseph Smith was visited by the angel Mormoni who gave additional instructions for the church. Another believes that living a good life will get him into Heaven, while another believes that this is not sufficient - only a confirmed belief in Jesus is adequate to get to Heaven. I could go on and on, listing meditation and yoga, Native American or African methods of searching for higher meaning, yadda yadda yadda.

How do we choose? There are many who believe that we cannot and should not choose. They believe that all of these paths are equally valid ways to "know God". So there is a choice too. Do we believe in "many paths" or "doors" or only one?

Even Tec's Christian view- is the con-man Joseph Smith opening the door to Christ or must you know Jeheshua Mischevah (meaning that two people on Earth have the correct door)? I see many similarities. Is Christ part of a "trinity" or was he a created "son" of God? Oh, the choices seem endless. And how dare anyone question anyone else's spiritual confidence in their own path?

Did you know that there are actually an infinite number of ways to reach the peak of a mountain. There are straight paths and winding paths. There are paths requiring climbing skills and there are paths that are totally unorthodox (like parachuting from a plane to the peak). So, while I am a firm unbeliever, I don't mock true spirituality- the seeking of greater understanding and seeking harmony and peace and whatever else you want to put into that word- spirituality. But when anyone insists that there is one path, I take them as seriously as Joseph Smith.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Belief in thor isnt rediculous. Its just as valid as belief in jesus and the desert god. We have MORE evidance for thor. We have lightning and thunder for thor sake!

• DaveS
    DaveS

Satanus Said:

W that, you have just pissed off the prophet and his god, and he's gonna slam shut even that one right door. No explanations, no vids, no directions, no noo light for you and all the rest of us. All it takes is one resistor to f###k it up for everybody. I mean, look at achan, his whole family was killed cuz of his screw up. Look at adam, we're all screwed cuz of him. Look at satan, he has managed to keep god permanently pissed for thousands of yrs. You are just the last in a long line up of guys who pissed god off and sent him into a tizzy of descruction and then going off and hiding himself, somewhere outside of the galaxy, where not even his angels can find him. I suspect that he goes on drinking binges, myself. But anyway, back my reprimand. I hope you feel satisfied w the damages you've done.

Crap, are you all going to stone me now? Surely it's my wife that's (somehow) responsible for this mess!

I think you might be on to something with the drinking though. It sure explains the violent outbursts, sloppy reasoning and craving the smell of animal sacrifice. I know what it's like to stumble past the kebab shop at 2 in the morning after a skinfull! Maybe Jesus is up there turning all the water into sweet wine

I hope EOM can forgive this poor sinner and reveal to us the glory of his word!

• tec
    tec

Even Tec's Christian view- is the con-man Joseph Smith opening the door to Christ or must you know Jeheshua Mischevah (meaning that two people on Earth have the correct door)? I see many similarities. Is Christ part of a "trinity" or was he a created "son" of God? Oh,

the choices seem endless. And how dare anyone question anyone else's spiritual confidence in their own path?

No one needs someone else to open a door to Christ. Christ IS the door. There is not middle-man between men and Christ. Christ is the middle man between men and God. People can witness to Christ; but no one needs to go to them before going to Christ.

Peace,

tammy

• shamus100
    shamus100

** sashays in then out again ** ** sings "nothing.... going on here.... " **

• Satanus
    Satanus

tec

Whatever door i used, fact is, i'm through. It's a moot point arguing about it, now.

S

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Going in thru the narrow door like Jesus said produces narrow mindedness which lends itself to delusional thinking like that of the Governing Body.

I like the many door illustration but the one door only is the right one lends itself to narrow egocentric thought and a final word on the subject.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I highly recommend the pet door. It's the bestest door out there, bar none.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

2 of my Favorite Doors..

I don`t care which one I use..

.......................... ... OUTLAW

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Correction to my prior post:

I missed the entire point of the Monty Hall Paradox, as while it may seem counter-intuitive, you really SHOULD choose to CHANGE your initial pick, NOT stay with it. So, Monty Hall CAN be trusted, as the odds of winning are NOT 50:50, but actually 2/3 if you change your answer (and 1/3 if you don't).

Here's a fun game to demonstrate the door-picking paradox in action (and a chance to win a Ferrari OR a goat):

http://math.ucsd.edu/~crypto/cgi-bin/MontyKnows/monty1?0

Sorry for anyone who was mislead and didn't win a Ferrari: I blame God for the bad information.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit