In Memory of Sheeba

by ziddina 62 Replies latest social family

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Looks like a lovely dog. Sorry for your loss.

• flipper
    flipper

Zid, Sheeba was an awesome doggie. What a good life she had.

So sorry for your loss. It really is terrible to lose such a great friend.

I have a feeling that Rainbow Bridge goes right to that waterfall. Love from the Flips

• poppers
    poppers

What great stories about Sheeba. So sorry for your loss, but I'll bet you'll see each other again. I strongly feel that the bonds of real love are maintained even when death arrives.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Wow, thanks, everyone!

I thought this thread had sunk to the bottom - thank you very much for your expressions of loving care and sympathy!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Oh Zid, I feel so very bad. You need to come and spend some time with the crazy cat lady up the street so we can have a good cry together!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aw, Magwitch, careful...

I'll start crying again.

Thank you, and yes, I would like to spend some time with you! Don't give up on me - life is just SO busy! But we'll get together - maybe soon?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Great thread, Dragon Lady.

For what it is worth - I just lost the dog-guy in my Avatar picture. Mr. Chance, half Dalmation, half Black Lb. At 14 1/2.

Miss him the same as you miss the Sheba.

We don't know yet if we will get another - it takes a while. We still have the adopted Cat.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aw, James Woods, I am so sorry to hear of that!

Losing a pet is so painful; they just aren't with us for a very long time.

It's not the same as losing a child, husband, wife, parent - but the pain can still seem just as intense.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Zid - the strange thing is that as a child, you Dog's life at 15 or so seems like forever.

As old people, it just seems like they were only here for a week or two.

Strange.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yeah. And sad. But - it means that the next doggie I get - well, I'm planning on enjoying his or her company, just as much as I can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit