In Memory of Sheeba

by ziddina 62 Replies latest social family

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yes, I do, finally awake, but as others have pointed out to me, it's obvious that she had a pretty good life. She lived to be at least 15 3/4 years old - she may have been as old as 16, which is a ripe old age for a dog.

• moshe
    moshe

Wonderful story! Thanks-

BEST hearing I've EVER seen in a dog

our silky terrier can hear the mailman open and close the mailbox a 100ft away on the street( he can be in another room in the back of the house, too)- he starts barking his- the mailman is here!!- bark- he knows he gets to go outside with me to get the mail-

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Sorry to hear about you losing your faithful dog, Zid. Unconditional love is a lesson they teach us so well!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Oh, my! How gorgeous she is, inside and out!

I am so very sorry for your loss, my Ziddy. You were so very lucky to have each other.

Rest in peace, joy, and light, Sheeba... and have fun chasin' the bunnies.

Love,
    Baba.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Such a lovely tribute to a beloved canine companion. Sorry it all had to end so soon for you. You gave that dog a great life, that's a wonderful thing.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thank YOU, Moshe! Funny how they seem to think that the mailman is an 'enemy'. Sheeba always barked her 'alert', too, but when I held her and allowed her to approach the mailman - a very nervous mailman, of course - she gave him a perfunctory 'sniff' and proceeded to sniff out his entire truck...

And here the mailman thought that HE was the 'main attraction'!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thanks, GL. Her love was just an itty-bitty bit 'conditional', though - we had to keep the high-quality dog food coming, plus she was awfully fond of human food, too!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thanks, Baba Yaga - though I suspect she's chasing the ethereal squirrels - she never was much for rabbits, but went nuts over squirrels... [crap, did I just crack a pun?]

That was a lovely sentiment you expressed.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thanks, whathappened... She was around 16 years old when she died, and we'd had her for almost 15 years - had she lived just one more week, it would have been exactly 15 years that she'd been with us. We did our best at giving her a good life, I can agree there.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

What a great dog. I heart Sheeba. Thank you for sharing your beautiful memories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit