In Memory of Sheeba

by ziddina 62 Replies latest social family

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thanks, hemp lover... It is good that we showed her so much love. It made her passing a little easier to bear...

Eventually, I'll find another doggie - probably at the pound, or maybe a rescue - who needs some TLC.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I've lost 2 dogs over the course of my life.

First one was more my Dad's, but the second was all mine, and even though it's been a few years, I still catch myself missing her from time to time.

The first year or so, I'd swear I could hear claws clicking on the kitchen floor when I was in the next room over, or I'd see her curled up in her favorite corner of the sofa out of the corner of my eye as I'd walk past.

It takes a while, but it does get better.

You may not want to hear this right now, but eventually, you will need another furry family member. It's the only way to really fill the hole.

And that'll be OK.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

I have two SPCA dogs and I can't imagine going anywhere else to find a furry friend. I know I'll lose them someday, but I just don't let myself think about it. Your post makes me realize I need to take more pictures. And I need to go to Utah ;-)

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yeah, hemp lover, Utah is a great place to take a doggie buddy - just make sure you have LOTS of cool water along for them.

I finally had to make a doggie 'backpack' for Sheeba, in which we'd place frozen plastic water bottles. But it sorta backfired on us - with all that cold against her, she had PLENTY of energy, and would get WAAAAY out ahead of us on the trail.

Oh, and seriously watch out for scorpions and rattlesnakes around the dogs. We had Sheeba given anti-rattlesnake shots which would have given her some protection had she been bitten, after we ran across rattlesnakes SEVERAL times while hiking in the Colorado foothills.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thanks, Vidiot.

I'm recovering from her loss at this time, but I'm also keeping my eyes open. If a scruffy-looking stray should happen to cross my path, right now - well, it won't be pretty...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    ziddina - "Thanks, Vidiot. I'm recovering from her loss at this time, but I'm also keeping my eyes open. If a scruffy-looking stray should happen to cross my path, right now - well, it won't be pretty..."

No sweat.

Hang in there, yeah?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thanks, Vidiot, I will.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

That was a wonderful tribute to a true friend

I've been through it as well

• z-monster
    z-monster

A wonderful tribute for a loyal companion. I too, have gone through this recently. It isn't easy. The death of a pet leaves an empty place.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

ooooohhhhhh im so sorry zid! i remember when i lost my little one, its so sad.

i love the doggles, tough to find a dog thatll wear em!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit