Well, I talked with two active JWs about the latest understanding of the F&DS.

by Theocratic Sedition 39 Replies latest jw friends

• bruh
    bruh

A new JW History DVD is probaly in the works also.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    And they didn't explicitly use the term "governing body", they said it was "faithful Annointed ones at Headquarters"

How nice - that would, I guess, mean that no CO, DO, no Branch Servant, no Zone Servant, and certainly no congregational elders are members of the FDS.

If you are a professed annointed Bethel member - then you MIGHT be a potential FDS - but only if you are on the GB could you be CERTAINLY part of the FDS.

Does it occur to anybody else that over their history of the past 130 years or so, they are no more certain of WHO the FDS really was than they are certain of when the end will come?

Darts at the board on both subject is all you can call it.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Welcome to the board, bruh!

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

The term "governing body" has been in use since at least 1944. Mostly in a legal sense, though. Its role changed in the 70s.

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

Lol@ Outlaw's pic....hey Outlaw, what happened to your dub's tie?...shame, shame...

His picture may be funny, but unfortunately it is not far from the truth. This new light won't faze anyone.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I think the reason why no one will really care about this change is because it really has NO EFFECT on the average witness' life.

It doesn't bring the end any closer, doesn't pay the bills, doesn't save you when you're in a serious accident and need a blood transfusion, doesn't end the preaching work, doesn't let you associate freely with your disfellowshipped relatives, doesn't find you a decent-paying job. It does NOTHING. It is an inert, useless doctrine which does nothing but give them a little pat on their own backs.

Next the governing body will announce whenever they go poo-poo on the potty. And everyone will be soooo proud!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Effectively, it has been this way for yrs. This is merely getting their theology into line w their sociology.

S

• scary21
    scary21

James Woods ,I had the same question a couple days ago.........posted a topic titled......governing body as a group.......not one reply to my question

??? If the GB are the FDS now , but only as a group...............didn't that start in the early 70's ?????? Before

that there was only one man.....Knorr .....who had the say about everything......there was no REAL GB untill then right ???? Only a fake one

for legal reasons.

Don't know how to make the post I started clickable.... I thought for sure someone else would have thought the same thing ( GB, 70's )

• scary21
    scary21

I also remember someone posting that it must be the GB as a group, not as individual GB members ...So doesn't that rule out Knorr ???

• Satanus
    Satanus

They are closer to official catholic church dogma on this.

Ex cathedra - 'The "chair" referred to is not a literal chair, but refers metaphorically to the pope's position, or office, as the official teacher of Catholic doctrine: the chair was the symbol of the teacher in the ancient world—the post of university professor is still referred to as "the chair"—and bishops to this day have a cathedra, a seat or throne, as a symbol of their teaching and governing authority.' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_infallibility#Ex_cathedra

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit