Well, I talked with two active JWs about the latest understanding of the F&DS.

by Theocratic Sedition 39 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Keysor:

The majority will probably not even realize there was a change.

So true, so true. They could say that we can all partake now and the only question would be how to manage the Memorial. No reaction. No inquiry as to how it parallels scripture. Just a big fat turd sandwich that all the dubs choke down with some pedophilia Jesus juice.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

My question on this subject of the Governing Body = Faithful Slave is directed to Steven Unthank and our friends in Australia:

During the Victoria child-abuse investigation, the Watchtower's Legal Department stated that the Governing Body was not an actual entity, but rather just a "theological concept." (Help me out here, Steve. It's been a while and I could not find my notes. Correct me if I got it wrong.)

If this is the case, then this is another situation where the Watchtower has said something publicly (as in court or to a news organization) and then within months either deny they ever said it or reversed themselves.

JV

• Satanus
    Satanus

' He went on about the kids choir singing or something?'

Getting a bit churchy. Wonder which gb thought of that.

S

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea that line raised an eyebrow. There is no choir

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It's sadly ironic that a religion that makes a lot of noise about the importance of having "accurate knowledge" and "The Truth" ultimately doesn't really care about either.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    yea that line raised an eyebrow. There is no choir

Yeah, that's why I put the question mark there as maybe I misunderstood him. Something about kids singing in harmony or something. I have to ask him again, or maybe someone who was there can touch on it if they haven't already and I missed it. The brother also mentioned to me about the short animated films being put up online for download on subjects such as stealing. I was so busy processing his overall demeanor regarding the F&DS changes, and how to press him further, that everything else he said was somewhat muted. But he definately said something about kids singing in harmony or something.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

evidently, the definition of accurate knowledge is on a sliding scale over there

• james_woods
    james_woods

OK - I am confused. Can anybody clear this up, please?

Question one: Are they now saying that the Governing Body is the Faithful and Discrete Slave - NOT the annointed remnant?

IF SO - then -

Question two: Are they also saying that the faithful & discrete slave did not exist prior to 1919?

IF SO - then -

How do they explain that there was no official "Governing Body" in 1919? It was never mentioned until the 1970s.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    How do they explain that there was no official "Governing Body" in 1919? It was never mentioned until the 1970s.

This is something i've been wondernig about too!!! The time wasn't available for me to press him further, but I can't but help wonder if this teaching is essentially stating that Rutherford was the F&DS at that time. LAter on I imagine the baton was passed to Knorr, or maybe a combination of Knorr and Freddy until the GB's inception when they took the mantle in what, 1971?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

It sounds like it's been a "work in progress" since 1919 or something to that effect.

And they didn't explicitly use the term "governing body", they said it was "faithful Annointed ones at Headquarters"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit