Well, I talked with two active JWs about the latest understanding of the F&DS.

by Theocratic Sedition 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

yea that line raised an eyebrow. There is no choir

According to my sources, the WT is releasing a cd very soon with a kids choir singing the new kingdom melodies. The song in the new kids dvd is taken from that recording.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

I think the key thing to remember is that in all the info that has leaked out, I don't think the speakers at the meeting explicitly stated that the GB is the FDS. The term used was something along the lines of 'group of faithful anointed ones preparing spiritual food'. So even if there was no official GB, there was a 'group of faithful anointed ones preparing spiritual food' from 1919. Through careful use of words, they have covered their backsides. Still, it doesn't explain why the 'group of faithful anointed ones preparing spiritual food' up until 1919 are now considered to not be part of the FDS.

Plus a bunch of other questions too. I guess we will have to wait for a letter or WT article to get the 'official word', and then we can pick apart properly.

With regards to the choir, Cedars started a thread in which he noted that he had added to his recent article some notes that were taken at the meeting. In there it mentioned and showed a photo of a choir of children who sang 'Listen, Obey and be Blessed'.

I cannot communicate clearly enough just how much I despise that song. But thats another subject for another day on another thread....

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

This isn't that important at all to 99% of the borg collective, but what this does do for some disaffected JW's is give them little epiphanies that can something like this: "Hey, if they are wrong on this after 90 years then what else could they be wrong about after so long?"

It also arouses curiosity to find out what discussion is going on amongst JW's out there on the internet about the 'new light', especially tricky new light which is hard to understand, with its attendant temptation to take a little peek down the white rabbit hole of apostate websites.

'New light' makes little light bulbs in puzzled heads go off, and new light breeds curiosity to take little peeks down dark and scary white rabbit holes.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I wonder if now the GB are the real tangable in the flesh FDS and not an idea, can the Unthank case be reopened? doubt it but.....

oz

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Re: the choir.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

None of this wonderful New Light, (as bright as a lit fart) as a new poster here put it, changes the Big Question that I have been waiting for several years for an answer to from several Elders, and JW Apologists on this and other forums i.e:

"On what basis did Jesus choose the group he chose as his FDS in 1919 ?"

This gets the JW response, "because of what they were teaching", soyou show them "The Finished Mystery", the book they were selling to the public as their primary study book at the time. The JW then says," Well they weren't teaching the Trinity, Immortal Soul Hellfire..." etc. No, but neither were lots of other groups, groups not urged to buy War Bonds by the ones dispensing spiritual food to them.

Jesus could not have chosen them for their fine morals or "good heart" then.

So then it boils down to the fact that the Bible Students loyal to Rutherford must have had a unique teaching that is still considered current (Jesus is doing the choosing, so "Old Light" would not persuade Him) at the time , 1919, so, please JW's ,tell me.

What is that teaching ?

• processor
    processor

How do they explain that there was no official "Governing Body" in 1919? It was never mentioned until the 1970s.

Yes, but from the 1970s on they keep saying that the Society's Board of Directors would have been the Governing Body.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I'm sure I can see Sparlock tucked away in the pocket of one of those choir kids.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I think this could be a tactic to thin out the professed "Anointed".

Marginilize the head cases, thin-skinned, and eggshell egos, and those ones are more likely to pack up their toys and leave the sandbox in a huff, thus bringing the overall ranks of Partakers back down to a dwindling and more manageable (i.e. compliant) number.

I could be wrong.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Nah, your theory sounds pretty good, Vidiot, especially in light of that abysmally insulting Watchtower article in which the Watchtower Society implied that many partakers were "mentally ill"...

And that's putting it nicely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit