Well, I talked with two active JWs about the latest understanding of the F&DS.

by Theocratic Sedition 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

I know a brother who went to the most recent Annual Meeting. Older brother, non-annointed, elder, wife a pioneer, and overall a pretty good dude. He let me take a peak at the new Awake dropping in 2013, which by the way I have to give credit where it's due as I like the new 16 page format. It's pretty much a track on steroids, and while minimal on content, it's pretty darn concise and a good adaption on the WT's part considering people's attention spans today. Not to mention it probably saves them some significant dough as most people probably toss the mags in the rubbish anyway.

Anyways, I asked the brother what'd I miss? I said there's always something significant mentioned at these meetings right? He replied, "we're all domestics now." I played dumb, like I had not the foggiest of what he was talking about. He repeated himself, "we're all domestics now. Doesn't matter if you plan on going to heaven, or living in the paradise." I asked him where that leaves Russell now, and he responded that he laid the groundwork, but he wasn't the slave. The slave didn't exist until 1919. He started to get a little choked up at that point as he started to relay to me his time at the Annual Meeting. He went on about the kids choir singing or something?

I also spoke to a sister last night who's connected with some higher up in the Circuit, and she also confirmed the new understanding. She considered this change to be a non-issue pretty much. I have to say, if these two examples are any indication, I think it goes without saying that this change in understanding is going to roll through with minimal resistance. It's truly not a big deal to the average JW. Being honest with you, as an active JW who's aware of the flaws in this organization, this change really isn't all that big of a deal to me either. They've been prepping this change for so long within the past decade or so, that it was only a given they'd assume this role. The GB already presented themselves as the Slave already, they just never came out directly and said it. Now it's official, but it's been official for quiete some time.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

This latest 'new light' will make about as big of a dent as the generation change in the mid-90's. The majority will probably not even realize there was a change. And after a certain amount of time, the old FDS teaching will never have existed at all.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

New 16 page Awake = "pretty much a track on steroids" lol

Thanks for posting. Interesting...& I agree, I think it will pretty much be a non-issue amoung most JWs.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I agree. It is actually more of a big deal for xjws who are nit picking on every shitty word being excreted from the FDS asses. Not saying that I do not enjoy the nit picking because I do, but that is the truth. Most witnesses today barely study the crap from the FDS, barely read their bibles anymore, and go through the motions in their worship.

• trujw
    trujw

Maybe if a member of the governing body defected and had an article in Time magazine they would wake up? Whoops already happened :(

• Emery
    Emery

I agree, its nothing more than a "better understanding" in their minds. What sucks however is that this was one of their biggest blunders and now it can't be used against them anymore. The burden of proof that a 1900 year old FDS class that has always existed since the first century was quite a daunting task to prove especially since the claim had absolutely no evidence to back it up. For instance, why didn't Russell go to the current FDS class of his time? Why did he study the bible "independently and without sectarian bias" if there was FDS class since before his time?? Sound's like the GB might be countering some of the arguments of apostates since they cannot refute them.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

When I shared the noo lite with my uber righteous parents - their response was "Makes perfect sense"

Yes, doesn't it though? (Good God)

• Elizabeth123
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah`s Witness`s don`t care what they believe..

If the WBT$ stopped selling Religion and started selling Bricks..

JW`s would all be Brick Salesmen..

I used to believe in God..But..

The WBT$ came out with "New Light"..

Now I believe in Bricks!

........................... ...OUTLAW

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Funny how many JWs are totally unfazed...

...yet the GB thought it was important enough to call all the overseas people home and hear it in person (on their own dime, yet), and felt the need to advise COs and BOE's to prep in advance in helping the R&F accept it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit