Do You Realize That Almost EVERY Society Publication Is "Old Light" Now?

by minimus 57 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    contrary ( and i do mean CONTRARY) to the opinions and interpretations of folks around here, we don't worship the GB.

You`ll be singing to them from your New WBT$ song book..Praising them..

A few more years and they will have JW`s praying to them..

...in fact, the GB is hardly ever thought of...it is but an element amongst many in our form of worship...I would wager that the majority of JW's don't even know the full names of each member of the GB...

Now that the WBT$ GB is the FDS..

You be thinking of your 8 WBT$ Golden Calves/Governing Popes every time the subject come up..

The FDS is Big in WBT$ Literature..

In Watchtower World..

The 8 WBT$ Governing Popes have just become Legendary..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

WT at the annual meeting said C.T. Russell was not part of FDS. However, as recent as 1995 in print it states otherwise:

Judging by the results, there can be no doubt that Jehovah’s holy spirit was directing the endeavors of Brother Russell and those associated with him. They gave evidence of being identified with the faithful and discreet slave. Though many clergymen of the time professed to believe that the Bible was God’s inspired Word and that Jesus was the Son of God, they subscribed to false, Babylonish doctrines, such as the Trinity, the immortality of the human soul, and eternal torment. In keeping with Jesus’ promise, it truly was due to the holy spirit that the humble efforts of Brother Russell and his associates caused truth to shine forth as never before. (John 16:13) Those anointed Bible Students gave proof that they were indeed part of the faithful and discreet slave class, whose commission it is to provide spiritual food for the Master’s domestics. Their efforts were a great aid in the gathering of the anointed ones. W 5/15/95 pg17 par7

• Elephant
    Elephant

Elephant, doesn't it alarm you in just the tiniest way that jehovah is playing Chinese Whispers with the Governing Body/FDS? Charles Darwin himself would be mightily impressed with the way the Watchtower's doctrine has evolved over the past 100 years. If Jehovah INTENTIONALLY wanted to make 'his' organization look a bunch of clueless chumps, then I believe he would proceed in exactly the way the Watchtower Corporation has done up 'til now. Are the GB faithful and Deceit Slave getting crossed-lines from up there in the Pleiades? Does Jesus, our mediator have a s-s-stammer? A lisp? are the communications being hacked by Satan the Devil?

The Watchtower's record so far regarding doctrine consistency is piss-poor.

Personally, I think jehovah is having a Larf.... at your expense.

By the way, what's the procedure now? Is it just a matter of cut-and-paste from Kingdumb Ministrys?

new shite-

it would seem that you have a problem with change...what's so detrimental about change? i'm sure you have too have evolved and changed...would you consider your current state of 'evolution' as detrimental? why would the watchtower organization think so then?

...again, study the history and realize that this is nothing new...as for Jehovah...well...lest we forget how Satan threw a monkey wrench into HIS order of things...talk about change...

• minimus
    minimus

Old Light, you make great points!

IF Jehovah God has been using this Organization, let's say from 1919 onward, why are they CONSTANTLY SPOUTING UNTRUTHS???

Their record as an Organization that Jehovah chooses to use is horrid and an embarrassment to the Lord above!

• moshe
    moshe

marked-

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I remember there were a few posters here that asociatted with the BIble Students. Any still around to offer an opinion on yet another doctrine that is getting shit canned?

• minimus
    minimus

Do you remember the Romanian Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses?

They were under communism and in the 80s they recieved freedoms. The JWs in Romania were SHOCKED that the beliefs of the Witnesses had drastically changed! The WT. Society viewed THEM as "apostates"! The reality was that the Watchtower has consistently deviated from what they taught as "The Truth".

• Heaven
    Heaven

This needs updating but here are just a few examples of new shiite/old light/new shiite ... I'm-a gettin' dizzy here...

Yes No Smileys

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit