Atheist Miracles

by Perry 130 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

You need three ingredients to make a universe, mass, energy and space

you don't need a God for that. The Big bang you only needed two

ingredients for a universe, energy and space.

The point I was making, nothing created the Big Bang but energy and space.

Please don't ask where energy and space came from. LOL

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    *sigh* perry I know your heart is in the right place. When I was agnostic one thing that helped me believe was multiverses and string theory. It gave a physical explanation for a possible spirit realm or realms. However Calling it that would be based on the bible, and I won't even dignify the bible by calling it a book of myth, as all its myths are plagerized from other better myths. We used to think earth was so special. Well it is. But not as rare as we thought. Goldie locks zones are abundant.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Perry, you're just cutting, pasting and posting videos that you probably never watch much less read or watch its scientific counterpart.
  • Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I love you Perry!!!

You may be a big dummy . . . but you're OUR big dummy :)

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

And a 3-headed cosmic carpenter zombie jew on a stick who never had a beginning is more believable?

at least theoretical physics can interpolate what the universe was like several hundred thousandths of a second after the Big Bang (and is verified by observation after precise testing & measurements in the most powerful machines on the planet).

All creationists have is a hunch about something that cannot be interpolated, tested or observed. How convenient. The only thing they can produce are long-debunked logical fallacies (like special pleading in Perry's case).

thats fine--he has that right. but once a silly belief is used to force one's view on everyone else via legislation, heavy indoctrination and harmful practices like shunning & the blood doctrine of JWs, I draw the line.

once children are targeted for indoctrination, once MONEY is asked for, once control over food, appearance, clothing, friends and education are tightly controlled, draw the line.

perry: I respect your right to believe what you do and to spout those beliefs off, but I do not respect the beliefs themselves. Religion is a blight on humanity. It is harmful and I enjoy watching its influence shrivel in our modern age.

research science objectively. Test it for yourself. Consider your sources. Google the "doctor" in that video and compare his credentials to actual PhDs.

• DarioKehl
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

What would you guys do if you didn't have Perry? He raises the typical weak arguments of the average believer and sets you up to look like geniuses by comparison. Are you sure he isn't othe alter ego of one of you?

• prologos
    prologos

Abiogenesis and cosmic origins are still challenges for scientists. well said cofty.

Multiverses? At least the proponents of that concept acknowledge that there just might be more to the cosmos than our measurable universe, but not kicking Perry's rear end, butt, , but really only kicking the ball down the road.

• cofty
    cofty

It is very dishonest for theists to take refuge in cosmic origins.

• prologos
    prologos

cosmic origins, and the once-in-a-lifetime start of life are challenges for Deists too. But does it make them dishonest? do they scurry to take refuge from a perceived threat?

Just because we do not see the processes used, the domain even, the EXISTENCE itself gives credence to work involved, by a worker, endowed with energy. As an analogy, think of the energy, ingenuity involved in the again started CERN experiments to create a 2 proton replay of the beginning, just to find out how it was done, how, and what happened in the first place. Credit where credit is due, honestly.

IMHO there are no Atheist, nor Deist miracles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit