2012 annual meeting notes

by lostinthought 100 Replies latest jw friends

• tiki
    tiki

Leolaia - you got it girl!!!

• tiki
    tiki

is it me or do these developments amount to a little dictatorship structure?

• obarac
    obarac

lostinthought

This new guy in GB Sanderson. Is he gave a talk? And which one?

• moshe
    moshe

It would be exciting to see all the JWs find their spiritual cajones and tell the GB to take a flying hike, but that is unlikely-- unless, the GB comes out with "new light" and institutes the 10% tithe for member JWs- to support the worldwide work . If that should ever happen we can call that Exodus2! It would not surprise me in the least, to see 50% of the JWs quit the KH when it becomes a checkbook issue for them.

• mind blown
    mind blown

.... another get out of jail card. GB/WTS/atty new gets them out of a lot of BS...Russel...1914....early publications...keeping FDS in their place....etc.....

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What? No announcement about a new GB member. Where is the confirmation on Sanderson?

wasastar

Maybe the figured out that Sanderson was just a [ domestic ] anointed one. If so his vote doesn't count.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

So, if the rest of the anointed and the GC are "domestics", what are the "belongings"?

Will the GB now tell the congregations and sheeples, "send us all your money!"?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

WASASTAR - Sanderson is definitely "in" even though there evidently [love that word!] was no special announcement made at the AM.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    Master: "I need to go away for a month on business. Household slaves, you are responsible for your meals, k?"
    Slaves: Gotcha, master.
    (Next day). A certain ambitious slave: "Yo, fellow slaves, getcha supper! I've provided you all a feast!"
    Slaves: "I/we thought we were responsible for our own meals?"
    Ambitious slave: "Heck, no. Master privately told me that all meals must come from a single source. And since I'm in charge of the kitchen, that means I'm the one in charge."
    (Next day). Ambitious slave: "Yo, slaves, dinner time. Oh btw, thank you for doing your part in getting groceries for supper."
    Other slaves: "Oh? We didn't do anything....We were supposed to do the shopping? I'm sorry, master didn't tell us to help you in that."
    Ambitious slave: "We're all slaves. When master commanded the slaves to shop and prepare the food, he meant all of us. It's just that I take sole credit for all the work all the slaves do around here."
    (The next day) Other slaves: "Hi, fellow slave, we saw that we were out of eggs and milk and we know what's on the menu tonight, so we went out and got groceries to help you out."
    Ambitious slave: "What! That job was given to me only! How dare you be presumptuous in running ahead of me!"
    (Four hours later) Ambitious slave: "Dinner's ready! Dig in! Oh and thank you dear slaves for doing your part in helping get dinner ready as master commanded."
    Other slaves: *groan*
    Ambitious slave: "BTW, I was thinking about what master told me a month ago before he left, and now I'm totally convinced that master wanted us all to eat vegan. So most of the food that was in the fridge, I had to throw out. Including the eggs and milk you bought. It's outside rotting. And if any of your are harboring any beef jerkey or anything animal-produced at all, you must throw it out immediately!"
    A slave in the back of the room: "I don't understand...master always gave us delicious steak dinners and turkey for Thanksgiving....what makes you so sure that's master wants?"
    Ambitious slave: "What? How dare you question me! You are running ahead of the slave!"
    Lowly slave: "The slave? But you said before we're all slaves, I'm not running ahead of myself. I don't want to eat vegan."
    Ambitious slave: "You know what, I just realized that what master meant is that I'm the only slave of his around here. You all are my domestics. Now get to work." Leolaia, page 1

Leolaia, that was great!!

• lostinthought
    lostinthought

The new gb member did not give a talk, but I believe that it was announced at bethel he would be a new member. I forgot to add that they mentioned apostates in one talk, they said that some apostate showed a witness a list of doctrine changes, and the answer to why so many changes was that's good! It means were progressing...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit