2012 annual meeting notes

by lostinthought 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Little lost girl
    Little lost girl

So I brought up this topic to my brother and as expected he saw it as something wonderful.

Me: have you heard about the changes to the faithful and discreet slave that is on the website?

Him: yeah, I heard that. I'm looking forward to reading the article when it's printed. What do you think?

Me: confused. It doesn't make sense

Him: I think the article will shed more light on it. I've only heard from different people what they understood. They're not really reliable though

Me: well I have the notes from the meeting so that's how I heard about it. What I understand is that the governing body are the only faithful discreet slave. No one else. That the first century Christians who they had claimed to be for years were not after all the first faithful and discreet slave. The group was selected supposedly in 1919

Him: I heard the same thing. Reason being that Jesus was talking about the last days. Since that didn't happen until 1914 then it couldn't have referred to people who liverior to that. I think it's very interesting

Me: I am understanding that not even Russell is one of them. The group was again supposedly taking shape when he was alive but he died 3 yrs prior to its completion.

Him: That's very true according to the new information. What I like about it is that the Great Crowd is considered a domestic. So we are now included in Jesus illustration. It dignifies that group

Me: also those who consider themselves anointed are considered domestics as well

Him: so we're in the same boat

Me: it appears so. What Erik's me is that all this time from 1919 until now they never knew this so what happened for the past 93 years?

him: the light gets lighter. It took the Catholic Church a lot longer to admit its mistakes. Actually they still haven't admitted many of them so, we're doing good. I do like that anytime there's a change they don't shy away from it. I'd rather that happen then things not change because they want to look perfect

me: I'm sorry but I don't see it as the light gets lighter. It's more like a new light/new doctrine

Him: I meant the path is getting brighter. Just like proverbs says.

Me: seems like the path took a detour

him: my sister got jokes.

So there you have it. If my brother sees it that way I can almost guarantee everyone else will see it the same way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit