2012 annual meeting notes

by lostinthought 100 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

So it's taken almost 100 years to suss out who was dispensing food at the proper time when Jesus examined the dispenser in 1918.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Or 1919. I can never keep up.

• Violia
    Violia

they did this in 1979 when they changed the ransom doctrine. The put the GB in Jesus place. I knew this then and it was one of the many things that help me see that they were moving toward becoming the Catholic church .

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The whole point about the F&DS is what they are doing WHEN the master arrives. Their (or his/her) actions BEFORE the master arrives are the critical ones. So to say it was just taking shape in Russell's day and then to quite happily accept that no one got who the slave was for 94 years, not even the slave it/her/himself, who is handing out food at the proper time, is NONSENSE. I can't even think of an analogy or illustration on this one - it's not possible.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

This could have a backlash, maybe lead to internal discord at headquarters. Imagine being a rather disillusioned long time member of the anointed on the writing committee at World Headquarters now suddenly hearing that you are no longer of the faithful and discreet slave class. How are you gonna feel about hearing that only the GB, which is nothing but an administrative position, are only the FDS? Its rather obvious that a faithful and discreet slave in the parable is anyone who feeds (teaches) Christian truth to other Christians.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

umm

*** w11 8/15 p. 18 A History-Making Meeting ***

Brother Lett urged the audience to keep praying that the Governing Body, as the representative of the slave class, continue to be not only faithful but also wise, or discreet.—Matt. 24:45-47.

oh we didnt mean it...

this years meeting is the history making one! This one we get to reverse what we said last year...

oz

sooner or later they will have to print it in the WT, along with whatever cockeyed reasoning they use to slip it past. Then it may get interesting!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So does this " officially " mean that the rest of the anointed, a.k.a. " domestics " are NOT receiving the promised Holy Spirit that leads to truth when they read the Bible? So now we " officially " have a two-tiered annointed class, ones who recieve insight, and ones who do not.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Violia said "they are moving toward becoming the Catholic Church". which is very true, there always were many parallels, this is just one more step in that direction.

I wonder how long it will be before "Noo Lite" tells them they need a "Pope", and if so, will they have the balls that the R.C has, and appoint a former member of the Hitler Youth to the post ?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Mentioned the new light to a trusted friend at the meeting this am. He said "hang on, the GB are the F&DS. Aren't they?". Maybe the new light will not appear to be new light for many...

• wasastar
    wasastar

What? No announcement about a new GB member. Where is the confirmation on Sanderson?

wasastar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit