2012 annual meeting notes

by lostinthought 100 Replies latest jw friends

• baltar447
    baltar447

Will this phase any dubs though? really?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Baltar: Will this phase any dubs though? really?

Nah, not really. In a matter of mere weeks they'll all be saying, "Well that's what I believed all along!" ... blink, blink ...

We're probably all more excited about it here in aposta-land than any JWs in the local KHs.

This matters to us because we recognize it as yet one more convincing piece of evidence that WT "Theology" is a completely incomprehensible, incoherent, inconsistent, capriciously ever-changing mess of convoluted doctrines and doublespeak reinventing meanings for everyday words whenever necessary.

For them it's just more "Nu-Lite TM "

Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Slave appointed in 1919 after the cleasing of the temple, russel was not a member of the faithful slave the slave was only taking shape in his day

And between 1919 and 2012, the slave didn't quite understand who the slave in fact was?

• Satanus
    Satanus

They sit on thrones now, already! And this noolite makes that more clear.

S

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Master: "I need to go away for a month on business. Household slaves, you are responsible for your meals, k?" Slaves: Gotcha, master. (Next day). A certain ambitious slave: "Yo, fellow slaves, getcha supper! I've provided you all a feast!" Slaves: I thought we were responsible for our own meals?" Ambitious slave: "Heck, no. Master privately told me that all meals must come from a single source. And since I'm in charge of the kitchen, that means I'm the one in charge." (Next day). Ambitious slave: "Yo, slaves, dinner time. Oh btw, thank you for doing your part in getting groceries for supper." Other slaves: "Oh? We didn't do anything....We were supposed to do the shopping? I'm sorry, master didn't tell us to help you in that." Ambitious slave: "We're all slaves. When master commanded the slaves to shop and prepare the food, he meant all of us. It's just that I take sole credit for all the work all the slaves do around here." (The next day) Other slaves: "Hi, fellow slave, we saw that we were out of eggs and milk and we know what's on the menu tonight, so we went out and got groceries to help you out." Ambitious slave: "What! That job was given to me only! How dare you be presumptuous in running ahead of me!" (Four hours later) Slave: "Dinner's ready! Dig in! Oh and thank you dear slaves for doing your part in helping get dinner ready as master commanded." Other slaves: *grown* Ambitious slave: "BTW, I was thinking about what master told me a month ago before he left, and now I'm totally convinced that master wanted us all to eat vegan. So most of the food that was in the fridge, I had to throw out. Including the eggs and milk you bought. It's outside rotting. And if any of your are harboring any beef jerkey or anything animal-produced at all, you must throw it out immediately!" A slave in the back of the room: "I don't understand...master always gave us delicious steak dinners and turkey for Thanksgiving....what makes you so sure that's master wants?" Ambitious slave: "What? How dare you question me! You are running ahead of the slave!" Lowly slave: "The slave? But you said before we're all slaves, I'm not running ahead of myself. I don't want to eat vegan." Slave: "You know what, I just realized that what master meant is that I'm the only slave of his around here. You all are my domestics. Now get to work."

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

so if as you say, the faithful slave appears in the last days or the end, then there never was a faithful slave all the way till 1919, always an organization or someone dispensing the food got thrown right out the toilet lol.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@Leo!!..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I guess this means that Sir Isaac Newton wasn't part of the faithful slave!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

So, the faithful slave in 1919 was just Rutherford? Or are they going to rewrite their history to explain that there was a GB formed in 1919?

And, who is the evil slave?

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

"the slave was only taking shape"?

Why am I thinking of something out of Terminator, where shape-shifting was going on?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit