Matt 24:45-47 The faithful slave refers ONLY to Governing Body. Does this make sense?

by MC RubberMallet 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Yup, and the REASON is they are afraid, they do not get holy spirit and understanding, and they are afraid attempting to teach something new everyone will see through as false or they might change something that starts a chain reaction with their many other incorrect teachings invalidating all of them.

the dog returning to it's own vomit

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

elderelite: It also opens the way to have non annointed gb.

I had the very same thought.

If this is all true, which has been speculated on here for some time, the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" has been officially made out to be an arrangement. Just like "God's Organization", it has become a "thing". While they may maintain "anointed" in the GB at the moment, it wouldn't have to remain that way, no need for any big explanation later on ... so the F&DS isn't even the F&DS class anymore.

This probably also would make the committees that are overseen by the GB part of them as well.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Yep wannabe... Also consolidates power hugly into the gb. The unintended flip side is that the fds is no longer a theological construct. Its directly tied to the gb.

Such a lack of humility. God i remember when the gb were just men who cared for the sheep with a sense of humility.. Now they are lords and masters of the faith of dubbies. Its so far from what i know

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Today's text is disgusting. Your are right about that Tornapart. I never read the text, and only read it because you mentioned it. NOT READING WT PUBLICATIONS IS KEY!! I had to study with the family tonight, so I went way beyond what the WT said about being Kingdom citizens. I just want to walk away. Were it not for my daughter I would, the whole fading thing is crazy hard!

• wannabefree
  • 00DAD
    00DAD

ElderElite: The unintended flip side is that the fds is no longer a theological construct. Its directly tied to the gb.

Good, then it can be sued!

ElderElite: Now they are lords and masters of the faith of dubbies.

Funny how a parable of a "slave" has been used as their justification for being "lords and masters." Sad thay so many people swallow such doublespeak down without thinking.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Since some of you kept referring to the daily text:

Saturday, October 6

As they traveled on through the cities they would deliver to those there for observance the decrees that had been decided upon by the apostles and older men who were in Jerusalem.—Acts 16:4.

First-century Christians enjoyed unity because they all received encouragement from the same source. They recognized that Jesus was teaching and directing the congregation through a governing body, composed of the apostles and older men in Jerusalem. These devoted men based their decisions on God’s Word and had traveling overseers communicate their instructions to the congregations in many lands. (Acts 15:6, 19-22) Similarly today, a Governing Body composed of spirit-anointed Christians contributes to the unity of the worldwide congregation. The Governing Body publishes spiritually encouraging literature in many languages. This spiritual food is based on God’s Word. Thus, what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah.—Isa. 54:13. w10 9/15 2:7, 8 - [Emphasis added]

Note the deceptive change in the text from "govering body" in Jerusalem, to "Governing Body" today.

Subtle manipulation at its most devious best!

• elderelite
    elderelite

Oh and the subtle twist from "BASED on gods word" to then being from jehovah! These guys....

• 00DAD
    00DAD

EE, nice catch. It's not FROM God's Word, but just BASED on it.

Reminds me of all those Hollywood movies that are "Based on a True Story". Usually, when you compare the True Story to the movie there isn't much resemblance.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

This is pathetic! I am waiting to see what Cedars comes up with because this can be used to sink the witnesses... At least for those who want to help their loved ones out... My brain is not clicking just yet....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit