Matt 24:45-47 The faithful slave refers ONLY to Governing Body. Does this make sense?

by MC RubberMallet 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Eustace - "The GB has absolute power anyway, why stir things up be making it even more in your face?"

Authoritarians are incapable of restraining themselves from the further acquisition of power if the opportunity presents itself.

Especially if and when they feel their authority is threatened; in the GB2.0's case, from multiple fronts.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    EndOfMysteries - "What they are doing IF this is true, is what Rroutherford did in in the 1920's to get contr ol."

The GB has been dominated by Rutherfordians since Rutherford. Hell, Jaracz almost made Rutherford look downright reasonable.

Well, almost.

Regardless, at this point the WTS can't really function any other way; it was a product of - and therefore well-adapted to - the environment of the 20th Century, and thusly counted on that environment remaining largely unchanged in the brief time it believed said environment would remain.

It's woefully ill-adapted for for the environment of the 21st Century, however, which evolves at a breakneck pace, yet stubbornly refuses to crash and burn.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Question - Did the death of Jaracz and/or Barr get start this thinking? Or have they been thinking this and Barr and/or Jaracz quieted such thoughts, and since he died, they went along with it?

I believe Ray Franz stated it usually took new light a few years in the works to become official, so that's what got me thinking. Anyway, Gerrit Loesch is the new senior member of the GB, and the most opinionated. I wouldn't put it past him to have have campaigned this teaching...

After all, every bethelite guessed he was behind this article:

*** jd chap. 9 p. 121 par. 19 Dealing With Others as God Desires ***

19Though Habakkuk was forced to keep looking upon mere trouble and the “violence in front of” him, it grieved him. You might now ask, ‘Would he be comfortable sitting with me and looking at the programs I regularly watch on television?’ Ask also, ‘Would he set aside time to be a spectator at so-called sports events that are violent by design, players even wearing protective armor like that of ancient gladiators?’ With certain games, the thrill for many springs from fights on the court or the field or those between crazed fans. In some cultures, many watch violent films and videos centered on warfare or the martial arts. This may be excused as history or a display of the nation’s cultural past, but does that make the violence more acceptable?—Proverbs 4:17.

• DNCall
    DNCall

The de facto FDS has always been the seat of power in the WTS. That hasn't changed from the days of C.T. Russell until present moment.

• tornapart
    tornapart

I think it may have been set in motion several months ago. When they said that they don't know the number of the anointed, nor did they need to know.

I've also noticed that whenever JWs talk about the FDS they are almost always referring to the GB. It seems to me that it won't take much persuading for the R&F to accept it withoout question...

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

(Matthew 24:45-47) 45 “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his masterappointed over hisdomestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all hisbelongings.

1) Looking at the scripture itself, the domestics are spoken of in plural, which makes sense because there would be a group of people being fed.

The master is spoken of in singular form, which would make sense because Jesus is the lone leader of the congregation.

The slave is also spoken of in singular, but somehow it's used to describe a group of previously 12,000, but now 8? How inconsistent is that? I think Russell's teaching made more sense on the matter, with him alone being that slave. At least there was fluidity...

2) This is a double whammy because GB teaches 144,000 is a literal number because the "one Lamb" mentioned is a fixed number, so the scripture has to be consistent.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

DNCall: The de facto FDS has always been the seat of power in the WTS. That hasn't changed from the days of C.T. Russell until present moment.

True, but as you well know, the myth taught to the R&F for many decades has been that the collective body of anointed worldwide are the "Faithful and Discreet Slave." As recently as only five years ago they were still teaching that:

"... all of the anointed ones living on earth at any given time constitute 'the faithful and discreet slave' that Jesus said would provide timely 'food' for his domestics."- w07 11/1 p. 30 par. 12

Earlier in 2007 they published THIS concerning what JWs supposedly believed in the period of 1879 - 1919. (This is absolutely NOT what Bible Students believed then. As DNCall recently reminded me, at that time the FDS was identified as Charles Taze Russell by his wife. Russell seemed to like the idea and ran with it.)

"On arriving to inspect the 'slave' in 1918, Christ found a spirit-anointed remnant of faithful disciples who since 1879 had been using this journal and other Bible-based publications to provide spiritual 'food at the proper time.' He acknowledged them as his collective instrument, or 'slave,' and in 1919 entrusted them with the management of all his earthly belongings." - w07 4/1 p. 22 par. 5

If they were wrong about THAT, then they are likely wrong about a whole host of other things, maybe EVERYTHING!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its just another Corporate move to substantiate themselves against so much open information of what a calculating fraud this religious

publishing house was and is.

The WTS used to lie to help in the proliferation of their literature , now days they're being forced to lie to overcome their misdeeds

of its own inherent adaptable corruption.

But of course put most organized religions through analytical evaluation and you'll see similar veins of corruption.

Wherever there's a substantial amount of power, control and wealth there will be corrupt men basking in it and

duly protecting it as well.

• SadElder
    SadElder

MC RubberMallet

Question - Did the death of Jaracz and/or Barr get start this thinking? Or have they been thinking this and Barr and/or Jaracz quieted such thoughts, and since he died, they went along with it?

This has been fomenting for some time. Dan Sydlik was one opposer that I know of. He was told he was standing in the way of a benevolent dictatorship. At the time we were unaware of the tumult that was bulding around all this, only that Dan was told he was in the way. Of what we didn't know then. So here we are some years later and it has happend. Watch out for the tightening of the screws and don't drink any kool-aid.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Sad Elder, thanks for that! So they have been preparing the organization for this adjustment....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit