The Black Cat Analogy

by OnTheWayOut 121 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm more of a tabby person but I love the analogy.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Shelby, I sent you a PM.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Lolol!!!!! I like the pain (piece to you dear one!) im not worried about it... Swing away! I also knew you couldnt keep your word and leave :D not enough attention anywhere but here :Dx2

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    Others describe that "sense" or "feeling" similarly to how you do, dear FHN (peace to you, dear one!). In fact, we had a discussion about that recently. Toward the end of the discussion another dear one (peace to you!) stated:

I tend to label these a 'feeling' only for the fact in that they do not always contain words, and yet I completely 'get' the message.

In response, I was able to share with her that
    while it may not be with "words"... it IS still a voice. The writer of the letter to the Hebrews actually described it thus:

"For YOU have not approached that which can be felt and which has been set aflame with fire, and a dark cloud and thick darkness and a tempest, and the blare of a trumpet and the voice of words; on hearing which voice the people implored that no word should be added to them. For the command was not bearable to them: “And if a beast touches the mountain, it must be stoned.” Also, the display was so fearsome that Moses said: “I am fearful and trembling.” But YOU have approached a Mount Zion and a city of [the] living God, heavenly Jerusalem, and myriads of angels, in general assembly, and the congregation of the firstborn who have been enrolled in the heavens, and God the Judge of all, and the spiritual lives of righteous ones who have been made perfect, and [Jesus] the mediator of a new covenant, and the blood of sprinkling, which speaks in a better way than Abel’s [blood]. See that YOU do not beg off from him who is speaking. "Hebrews 12:18-25

What this is saying is that while the speech may not be with WORDS... it is still SPEECH, and thus a VOICE... because the blood SPEAKS. That is what some interpret as a "feeling": his blood "speaking" to your blood (or perhaps some other spirit being "communicating"... because they don't need words to do so)... so that it seems to be occurring in the deepest part of you. Since it isn't done with literal words there is an assumption that there isn't necessarily/actually a voice.

Abel's blood "cried out", though. Thus, it spoke in a voice, with words. Once combined with holy spirit, however, OUR blood can "speak"... in a BETTER way... one that doesn't necessarily require words but still has a VOICE! (Romans 8:26, 27)

Because the blood speaks. And what you "feel" is HIS blood "speaking" to YOUR blood, even in your bones (where the spirit lives!). If one can grasp the truth of that, one will learn how to "listen" even better (because one will know what to listen WITH, the "ears" of WHAT)!

Perhaps this will help you... and any others with/wishing for ears to hear and get the sense of it... understand what I mean, as well, dear FHN.

On another note, this was not an attempt to start an argument; indeed, I stated my comments respectfully and genuinely. Unfortunately, my tolerance for badgering is a bit short right now. I probably should have stayed away, knowing what always occur, regardless the comment or respect I try to show... but... well... I didn't. I don't want to argue with anyone, either. Nor do I necessarily want to engage in the usual back and forth. To be honest, I truly wish certain folks would just cut it out, leave the smarm out of the discussion. But I have come to realize that that just isn't ever going to happen with certain folks. So... I deal with it as I deal with it. Smack me... and I might turn the other cheek. Depending on how I'm feeling, though, you just might get smacked back. Perhaps even harder.

Keep your "hands" to yourself... and I promise to keep mine to myself, always.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I be knowin you couldnt stay away for longs :)

Nahh, I'm leaving again, dear EE (peace!). Came to check a PM I received... and then ran across this thread. Went against all conventional wisdom (probably experiencing a bit of recidivism - "fell off the wagon" as a result of hearing some very sad news the other day...) due to the omission of those who are spiritual but not religious/theological (as those terms are commonly viewed and used)... in the OP and thought, "What the hey; give 'em the other option (that many tend to overlook)." Thought if I did so respectfully respectful comments would result. Yes, of course, I knew better... but a one can always hope, can't one... as well as give the benefit of the doubt?

As I said to my former JW PO (well, that's what he was called when I left), who asked me why, if I thought they were "so wrong" did I bother to come back [to the Memorials]. One reason: "MY love for YOU hasn't failed."

But no blame from me, at all: I came in with my eyes wide open. I will leave shortly, too, the exact same way. As I eventually did with the WTBTS... and for much the same reason (although I am MOST grateful to dear Simon/Angharad... and many others... for THEIR... mmmmm... love and "hospitality").

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Don't leave, Shelby.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Agnostic:

Don`t know if theres a Black Cat in a Dark Room..

**Shuts the Door**

If something Meows I`ll let it out..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• AGuest
    AGuest

Got it, as to both, dear FHN... LOVE it, dear OUTLAW... and waves at dear Miz Josie!

Peace to you, all!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA, who used to be "allergic" to cats... and scared of "black" ones... but not any more - LOL!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Good one, Outlaw.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Lol... Just not the same without u dear one. Its an addiction. You cant stay away ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit