The New Diary of Winston Smith

by WinstonSmith 336 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks Winston for your contributions here, past and present. The way you and Mrs Winston are conducting your fade is set out in easy bite sized portions by your diary format, and I am sure will be used as a template by many who wish to get out of the JW's with as little fuss and pain as possible.

However one decides to leave, as Quendi put it on another thread, it takes courage and humility, but it is so so much better to extricate yourselves than stay in wasting your life.

As to noticing things like that scripture, don't they just jump out of the page at you once you have woken up to TTATT ?

I do admire you both for your wonderful self control and strength of digestion, boy, would I throw up if I had to attend a Meeting !

• QC
    QC

Winston,

You and I can relate. We have almost identical narratives. I grew up a golden boy hanging out the Gilead school in Lansing, NY; with many GB uppity yuks (Knorr was unbearable). From an early age I knew something is wrong, thinking ‘eventually they’ll get it right…wait on Jehovah.’ Now we know the real deal. Having a life so heavily invested in a dead end, I hit the books to distill what is true from the BS, and then slowly I faded into the ether. That was a blessing. Now I can fully embrace with a clean conscience only what I have tested as true. The JW experience has taught me logic trained to find truth. Not saying I'm infallible, but I can find the truth as Abba Father intended.

Are you an Aussie, mate?

Check my site: http://www.laissezcom.com. This is a Dan 12:4 situation.

QC

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Hey Winston, I enjoyed your first diary. I didn't realize it was down. Glad you went easy and gentle with your wife. Your experience with Mrs. Winston is similar with my own. My hubby(third generation witness and 'serving too') figured things long before I did. But he put on a good show to save the marriage. He would ask a question and then he would step back . this went on for a long time, I was completely blinded and as devout as you could get. (pioneered for over 20 years). Then one day it hit me. The rest is history as they say.

Give my regards to Mrs. Winston and I am looking forward to reading your new diary.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Aussie Oz: Did you crack the Winston Smith Code? Unfortunately there is no Holy Grail at the end of it :-P

Sickandtired: I understand that feeling of aloneness. In the period from when it all fell into place for me, and when Mrs Smith also worked it out was a lonely time. You just want to burst out everything you have figured out. Ripping the band aid off though, is not always the wise course, and it takes gut wrenching patience and hours of tongue biting to slowly grind down the cult mountain. You have us here as friends and support, and we are with you all the way. It is wise to pull back if hubby is a bit sensitive lately. There will be other times and opportunities. As Biggles used to say 'He who runs away today, lives to fight another day' in other words we have to pick our battles. Fog is the right word, and our loved ones can be deep in it and have no idea how lost they are. It is a testament to our love for them that we grit our teeth and look for ways to make some headway, however small. Let us know if we can help in any way.

Phizzy: Thank you for your kind words. I hope that others can take something away from what gets posted. It takes a lot of intestinal fortitude to sit through a meeting. Like recently when talking about Paul preaching to those who came to him while he was under house arrest a sister said 'the lesson for us is that even if we are stuck at home, sick or whatever, there really is no reason to miss any opportunity to preach' Oh dear. Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

QC: Thanks for sharing you info mate. I recommend to everyone: GET READING. You biggest ally is knowledge. You learn that there are many points of view, and that this is totally okay. These different points of view are what makes life interesting. I'll check out your site.

Wannaexit: Sounds like there are some great similarities! Lovely to hear your story. You are right that it all hits you at once. What a ride! Keep in touch.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

What does Luke 21:8 tell us?

It says don't follow those who go around saying 'The end is near!'

For well over a hundred years the WTS has been saying 'The end is near!'

Based on Jesus words, should you follow the WTS?

Better it is to live a life of humility, not going around like you have some sort of special knowledge. Rather, treat others how you would like to be treated. Then when the 'end' comes - whatever that means and entails - you can present yourself before Jehovah and Jesus and say you did your best to live by their standards. And if, when the 'end' comes - whatever that means and entails - it turns out all this bible stuff was wrong, at least you will have lived a good life of kindness, honesty and compassion.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Ah Luke 21v8 , I bet there is a wealth of WT commentary on this scripture ? no? wonder why ?

I like your last paragraph Winston, kinda like the Atheists reply to Pascals Wager, and so very true, what have the humble, kind and compassionate to fear ?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Better it is to live a life of humility, not going around like you have some sort of special knowledge. Rather, treat others how you would like to be treated. Then when the 'end' comes - whatever that means and entails - you can present yourself before Jehovah and Jesus and say you did your best to live by their standards. And if, when the 'end' comes - whatever that means and entails - it turns out all this bible stuff was wrong, at least you will have lived a good life of kindness, honesty and compassion.

Winston Smith - very well said.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Thank Phizzy and Tootiredtocare!

I think a lot of good comes from just sitting and listening to others. Listen to what they say. Measure it against what you know and what your experience has taught and then accept it or reject it. Just because you reject it, doesn't mean the speaker is necesaarily wrong, just that you and he have a different opinion.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

By the way, what is the logic behind this?

Happy birthday - Death at Armageddon

Merry Christmas - You just missed out on everlasting life

Happy Halloween - No resurrection for you buddy

Happy Hannukah - You made God unhappy

Happy anniversary - Totally okay

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

He has to have at least one thing on the list to be called "the happy God"...LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit