mrsjones5

A classic!

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

hehe yes going fast around here :)

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hortensia, Your menu sounds great!

Mrs. Jones, What's the menu to go with the turkey?

My sis has a big double fryer. We better get started on plans... I'm thinking deep fried turducken.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Let's see, I'm thinking

Gravy made from the dripping of the MS butter and white wine turkey with pan sautéed chopped turkey liver (my oldest son loves this)

Mustard, Collard, and Swiss Char greens quick cooked with garlic and bacon. Did that last year and got the thumbs up from the kids.

Mashed red potatoes

Cornbread stuffing with sausage and apples

Corn Casserole

Brandy yams with raisins

Homemade yeast rolls

Sweet potatoe pies

Peach cobbler

Carrot cake

that's my list as of now

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh I forgot that I'm planning on making homemade cranberry sauce.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

When we were witnesses my non JW Dad and Mom would have us over for turkey..pretty soon my JW mother in law decided she was going to cook their free turkey they got from my father in laws work every year on turkey day cause that's when he had a day off and it was more convenient.(She used to cook it on Saturday) .making sure eveyone knew they were not celebrating Thanksgiving..it was just a more convenient day to have it..even tho the first few years my parents always had us over. For years we had to go to 2 Turkey dinners so as not to hurt any feelings after that..

One year my JW Mother in law didn't know her gas tank was running low and ran out while cooking..the turkey wasn't getting done..They eventually checked the gas and switched it over to a new tank.So my hubby (JW and the boss) decided we would cancel my parents and wait for his Mom's to get done..they only lived 10 minutes away from each other..To this day I think she planned it that way so her son wouldn"t have to go for "Thanksgiving Turkey" with non JW's..Now that I look back I can see so much munipulation from her..it angers me because I know it really hurt my parents..Thankfully I left the religion before my parents died and was able to make up for some of the pain I caused them.

Snoozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit