Stop fighting about Oompa.

by Robert7 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Glander
  • panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Stacey, OMG! what a moving story. I am so grieved for you as the caregiver to your friend. I know it took alot of your energy and your heart. There is nothing to say that will relieve your pain for his loss. I am sorry that some comments here on the board made you sad and angry. I know you need to rest and grieve. Be assured that we are all thinking of you, your family, and friends. You are one incredible and loving woman. oompa was blessed to have had you as a friend. You did all that was humanly possible to help your friend.

• AGuest
  • soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

I'm so sorry stacey about what you are going through. thankyou for sharing your innermost thoughts and feelings about this.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Stacey, you have suffered a tremendous loss. I am deeply sorry for all you went through. I am sorry that reading some things on this board has added to your grief. You were and still are a wonderful friend to Eric. He was very lucky to have you in his life.

• Glander
    Glander

Stacey - Thank you so much for your frankness and the perspective on a man that most of us only knew through his JWN posts. The backstory you provided has helped me to understand him, because I was not feeling comfortable with the simplified picture implied here on JWN by all the sweet folks who honestly hurt when someone they are aquainted with goes through such a tragic arc in just a few years. The WT deserves it's share of blame. Eric, with his problems was in one of the worst possible situations I could imagine. I am grieving more for him now than I have in the last few days.

I am very familiar with Bi-polar disorder.

I have spent many hours on the phone trying to help a suicidal loved one.

When Eric said, 4 yrs. ago, he had attempted suicide by starting his jeep in the garage.

You confirmed what I already suspected about his accident.

Some here feel that it is not approriate to discuss this tragedy beyond posting RIP and red rose emoticons. Nothing wrong with that. But I am 67 years old and have found myself shedding real tears for this man.

You have helped me understand what happened, Stacey.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

although, my experience is that deaths absolutely DO often bring out the worst in some people such that some manner of "fighting" does ensue

Yes. Too bad. Some people have to make it "all about" them - "the bride at every wedding, the corpse at every funeral."

• Dagney
    Dagney

((((Stacey)))), thank you for sharing.

I understand the high highs and the low lows of dear friends with bipolar. The ever present conversation of suicide, along with some of the happiest times I can remember. It's exhausting... He was so lucky to have your family as friends. So very lucky.

Whatever help we can be or do for you, we are here. Don't forget the great number of people here who "get it." We are all crying with you.

• Robert7
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wow..

Stacy you did everything you could..

It`s just friggin Tragic..

............................. OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit