Stop fighting about Oompa.

by Robert7 58 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Wow. I can understand how the quality of life can be so unpleasant that anyone would be tempted to do what Oompa did. You did such amazing things for him. I know in time you will understand that you didn't fail him at all, what so ever.

Our mental health system is horribly inadequate. It is tragically inadequate. They failed Oompa, Stacey, you did not.

I'd like to think of you and those who tried to help him, before his final solution and passing to the scene where the character Powder finally leaves a world in which he did not fit:

Forward to 8:01 if you want to just see just the part where he went "...not away, just out: everywhere." ~ Powder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEZiuPXe7PE

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Stacey Thanks for sharing about the Oomps. He seemed like quite a character on here...and now you are confirming this. In some way, I hope you can feel the care and warmth here as you grieve. May the memories of his funny ways and the good times surround you.

With my Love~

~Faerie

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hi Stacey...what an extraordinary friend to Oompah you have been and still are...I'm sure he loved and appreciated you dearly. As others have said you evidently gave your best and have nothing at all to feel guilty about. As the grief starts to ease I'm sure you will regain that perspective too. I can relate to the story of your friendship very much. Over the past year a dear friend of mine has struggled very similarly with depression and it's so hard to be involved with when you love them and you want them to be happy. I'm thankful that she is now on the mend although it got very scary more than once, and there were times when I found it just so painful and difficult to cope with her negativity again and again. It's as if we share the highs and lows and that in itself is so draining. And many times when she went down again I blamed myself for not 'fixing' her and making her well.

I do hope that things go smoothly now and that you and indeed all of Oompah's friends and family that care for him can start to heal from the terrible shock and distress that such a loss brings.

Loz x

• cofty
    cofty

Thank you for sharing your experience of Oompa Stacey. You hve done more than could be expected of any friend.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

@FlyingHighNow:

Our mental health system is horribly inadequate. It is tragically inadequate. They failed Oompa, Stacey, you did not.

Stacey, she's entirely correct. Oompa should've never been released from the hospital so soon.

You first sought this board for relief from the Watchtower and met Oompa. Now you're coming full circle by using this board for solace from your grief and to share insight into his life and tragic death. You are more than welcome here, and I want thank you for your boundless friendship to a man that many of us cared about.

• tec
    tec

I agree that you did NOT fail Oompa. You did far more than many people would even think of doing. All that you could and then some. And you gave Eric love and comfort and someone he could always depend upon. You did not, in any way, fail him.

Please do not feel guilty about what you mentioned earlier in the thread either. That is normal... just born of exhaustion and fear and stress.

Peace and strength to you in your loss,

tammy

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Sincerest Sympathy Stacey (Wes).

You did your best and gave your all. Oompa was blessed to have you in his life. Sometimes no matter how hard we try, we just can't save someone from themselves. You can't watch someone 24/7 and when you get them into a hospital and they let them out there is not much you can do. The medical system failed him, not you. Draw comfort from friends and in knowing that this dear man is no longer suffering. Leslie

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

(((((Wes and Stacey)))))

Thank you for sharing with us the Oompa you knew and loved. Now is the time to laugh and cry, remember and grieve.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Thank you for sharing that with us Stacey.

He drove me crazey too, but I still loved the bugger.

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit