JWs are attending the OSCE meeting in Warsaw as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) & giving presentations

by AndersonsInfo 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

something smells about the whole thing....time will tell.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    krejames: "...strangely they don't seem so vitriolic about the UN these days..."

Kinda hard to be vitriolic about a secondary bad guy from a half-century-old End Times script when said bad guy can't even enforce resolutions defending religious freedom, let alone wage a militant global campaign to repress it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Aaron Eldridge: "Does anyone know if the requirements for gaining NGO status has changed from the time the Org first got involved?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ngo

An NGO doesn't actually need to be associated with the United Nations to be an NGO.

DT's right; there's not much ado here other than the WT interacting with the larger World to advance their agenda; nothing really new.

If they were listed as an NGO specifically registered (and thereby afilliated with and thusly required to follow and/or advocate the policies of) the UN, it might be a different story, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Still good to know, though.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

I think it's a big deal. According to their tenets, JWs are supposed to be strictly neutral and not get involved with politics or worldly affairs. But it is as the one elder told me, they do all these things to advance their brotherhood and do good. However, if an individual JW become involved with politics, he/she would face a JC. If unrepentant he/she would be disfellowshipped.

And remember, in their publications they refer to the UN as a "scarlet-colored wild beast" that ascends out of the abyss (Rev. 17:3, 8), and the "disgusting thing that causes desolation" (Matt. 24:15). One must practice what you preach. No, this is a case of double standards and hypocrisy to an extreme degree. Thanks Barbara for the info.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I just enjoy seeing their name on the NGO list along with Scientology, the Islamic Renaissance Party, Atheist Ireland and, best of all, the Ukranian Independent Maritime Trade Union.

• jemba
    jemba

I dont get why they are there fighting for religious freedom when their big J will make everything ok anyway.

They are supposed to be no part of this world and i think its shocking that they are there in any way, shape or form if its not about an issue they already have on the table like a court case where they have to be there.

Yes I also think they are pursuing their own agenda. The JW religion I grew up with would never be a part of a forum for political negotiations..... or would it?

Everything we thought we knew about this cult has been dashed to pieces by JWN.

Thankyou to the Andersons for more eye opening information.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

The GB head honchos & their brown nosers expect the 'rank & file' sheeples to do their duty & be prepared to suffer hideous abuse & lose their lives in support of the WT's version of 'truth'.

This 'truth' however is very fluid when it comes to the Borg applying its strict regulations to itself.

Be prepared.........the borg is gonna make our jaws drop many times with the amount of 'wriggle room' it allows itself.

• jemba
    jemba

Begs the question though, will they be upfront with their rank and file about the attendance (ie mention it in a Washtowel) or not mention it and hope it will go away.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Hi jemba.........most of the sheeples don't seem to want to know, they like having their ears tickled.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Thank you Barbara for keeping us informed.

My elderly parents often ask if you have any news for us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit