JWs are attending the OSCE meeting in Warsaw as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) & giving presentations

by AndersonsInfo 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blondie
    blondie

“The OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompassespolitico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects. It therefore addresses a wide range of security-related concerns, including arms control, confidence- and security-building measures, human rights, national minorities, democratization, policing strategies, counter-terrorism and economic and environmental activities.

---------

Again I wonder how the WTS justifies getting into bed with these issues....proving SHE is the harlot in Revelation. Like Israel running to Egypt for help.

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

NGOs??, Who do they help? they only seek money, cheating

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

They do not care about the environment, or giving charity, or help its members, say it is God's, then?

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

Beggars never sit at the gates of a Kingdom Hall, but if whether on the street or in a church,

• mind blown
    mind blown

Vidiot The WTS applied for association with the DPI in 1991 and was granted association1992. By accepting association with DPL, the organization agreed to meet criteria for association including support and respect of the principles of the Charter of the United Nations

United Nations letter regarding the Watchtower Society

Watchtower was associated with NGO and to become associated required the Watchtower to accept the following:

• that the NGO share the ideals of the UN Charter;
    • have a demonstrated interest in United Nations issues and a proven ability to reach target or specialized audiences, such as educators, media representatives, policy makers and the business community;
    • have the commitment and means to conduct effective i nformation programs about UN activities by publishing newsletters , bulletins and pamphlets, organizing conferences, seminars and round tables; and enlisting cooperation of the media.

In 2001, the Awake of July 22 discusses the benefits of volunteering for the United Nations and their need for more volunteers.

The Awake! 2000 December 8 devoted a number of pages to discussing the fine efforts of the United Nations.The Awake! 1998 November 22 also devoted several pages to discussion of the United Nations, including praising the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

http://csonet.org/index.php?menu=34

According to resolution 1996/31 an organization "should attest that it has been in existence for at least two years as at the date of receipt

Applications received between 2 June 2011 and 1 June 2012 will be taken up in the year 2013. (which translates a year to be accepted)

Watctower 1979 that said that being a member of the YMCA would be interfaith. w79 1/1 p31 says, in part:

" In joing the YMCA as a member a person accepts or endorses the general objectives and principles of the organization . He is not simply paying for something he receives , such as when buying things being sold to the public at a store. (Compare 1 Corinthians 8:10; 10:25). Nor is his membership merely an entry pass, as when a person buys a theatre ticket. Membership means that one has become an integral part of this organization founded with definite religious objectives, including the promotion of interfaith. Hence, for one of Jehovah's Witnesses to become a member of such a so-called "Christian" association would amount to apostasy."

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

All the other religious groups who are NGO have been accused of playing the harlot with the wild beast.

Presumably the Borg keeps its knees together so they can only be accused of flirting.

HB

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

There's an interesting discussion on this subject going on here: http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-witness/TCFE9S6B6HRRMTV3C

One person, Blue Danube, posted the following information:

From the official OSCE website, this explains the relationship between the OSCE and the UN

"The OSCE recognizes that the United Nations Security Council bears primary responsibility for the maintenance of international peace and security. Thus, the United Nations is the OSCE's primary partner organization. In 1992, the participating States declared the OSCE (at that time CSCE) to be "a regional arrangement in the sense of Chapter VIII of the Charter of the United Nations".

• avengers
    avengers

Didn't Jesus say: "My followers are no part of this world"?

Doesn't the Bible say that association with the "Scarlet Colored Beast" (UN) will result in death during Armageddon?

Guess we know the outcome now!

lol

(actually it is nothing to laugh about, but sad)

Andy

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Nothing but a great forum in front of which to publisize the persecution carried out by the various authorities within the borders of the previous Soviet Union, as well as other nations. Nothing stranger than taking cases to court. WT uses this as an arena to tell what is going on and to try to make changes through discussions, and they have met with governmental representatived for decades, so now they can meet them all at once. I fail to see any problem at all.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Personally i think this has more to do with "interfaith'' than anything...

I mean these people won't even put kingdom hall meeting times in the local paper along with all the others, and claim to absolutely nothing in common with any other religion...

Yet see fit to share the stage with all sorts of religions to promote their own agenda, which is in my opinion more to do with dollars than religious freedom. After all, they should be expecting and welcoming more persecution, not lobbying to have less!

smells like a pile of hypocrasy to me.

Oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit