I would love for you to know my Oompa.... (from one of his closest friends)

by Robert7 67 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Thank you Stacey and Wes. Thank you for sharing that with us. So many of us only knew him from posting, or a message/mail exchange, we weren't actually there.

I know I was one that said "if he had friends" - I didn't know if he had those true friends we all need - I see now he did and you were there for him. Again thank you so very much for sharing this!

What you said about him being ill and bipolar puts things in perspective and I can relate. My problem is not the shunning or the faith, mine is the fact I don't have a job, don't have my own home and a number of other things. I have been in such dark places where the pain is so great that you can't breath - it hurts too much. You can't see any good in your life. You may shake it but it creeps up again and again and each time the depths get lower. I have spoken about suicide, I have planned it, I told one or two friends and my mother - I should go see someone, but when it comes to paying a bill or seeing someone, the bill takes precident.

I've been hanging on and Eric's suicide has been a huge huge wake up call.

• cedars
    cedars

Thank you Wes and Stacey. I now feel like I know Oompa a little bit better after reading your post. I'm so glad he had people there for him who understood what he was going through and did everything in their power to help. This makes things a little easier to process.

Thanks for being there for him when he needed you.

Cedars

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

That was an incredible read. Thank you for sharing. Certainly gives a great insight into the person that was Oompa. I'm sorry you lost such a great friend.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Thank you for sharing. I have followed Oompa's posts for several years, he was always one of my favorites. So many of us only knew him through his posts and were shocked and saddened that he felt there was no other way to end the pain, I can only imagine the grief that you guys are feeling by having him as a friend in the flesh.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thank you for sharing.

• cofty
    cofty

Thank you for sharing about your friendship with Eric.

LouBelle please follow through on your intentions to get help now.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Thanks so much for posting that - it was said so lovingly.......sammieswife

• disillusioned1
    disillusioned1

I don't see the grief as being fake at all. I never knew Eric. I've barely posted here but I have read a lot of posts from many. Still, reading his story and knowing that he couldn't see any other way out of his pain makes me very sad. I don't know people I hear about on tv either but sometimes their stories touch me and make me emotional and I've cried over them. How is that fake? If you have a heart and if you hear about something like this you can hurt for that person even though you might not have really known them. I think all of us can relate to Eric on some level and that makes it even more sad. So many of us feel the same kind of pain he felt for losing so much and the hopelessness he felt.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Thankyou for sharing your precious memories with us Wes and Stacey. My heart goes out to you over the loss of your very special and unique friend.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

loubelle I feel for you. sounds like you are in a terrible place.

recently a friend of mine has been talking a lot about suicide but they present a happy face in public. I intend to take that person more seriously than I have done in the past.

bi polar disorder sounds like a terrible form of mental illness and I wonder if it can actually be recognised sufficiently to be treated effectively.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit