I would love for you to know my Oompa.... (from one of his closest friends)

by Robert7 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Decided
    Decided

What happened to the post here?

Ken

• Decided
    Decided

It goes to the second page when I post.

Ken

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I can't read the first page either. The first post is blank and I can't scroll beyond that post.

• Robert7
    Robert7

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I am glad everyone appreciates the glimpse into Eric's life. He used JWN as a place to vent and support, so when we were with him, we saw the best in him. So the perspective you see on JWN is a little different than knowing him as a friend.

• undercover
    undercover

That must have been difficult to put in words so soon. Thank you for sharing.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

That was a beautiful tribute, Wes and Stacey.

I knew from his first post on this board that this man was going to get on my last tit. I just did.not.like the guy. I mean, I figured there was mental illness involved but in this medium, "discussion board", I was 100% irritated with him 100% of the time.

When hemplover called and told me he'd killed himself, I was not as shocked as you'd want to be. I was sad, but I still felt a little cold towards him, a little mad because he just wouldn't (couldn't) help himself. I didn't like that about me but oh well.

Then I went to his facebook page and poked around and tears filled my eyes. I knew just from a few pictures and a video and a little biographical info that I like that guy. Hell I love that guy. We probably wouldn't have become best friends, but I can sure understand why he was yours.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Wes and Stacey, thank you for sharing those personal thoughts and experiences with us. It really helped me to get to know Eric a bit better.

You two and your family obviously loved him very much.

00DAD

• fortis et liber
    fortis et liber

Thank you Wes and Stacey for writing this; I am sorry for your loss.

~ Fortis

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks for sharing... It helped me!! He would call and we would laugh together .I miss him
    Thanks for being his close at hand friends

• Deceived
    Deceived

The first page of this thread is blank for me too so I can't read the story Can someone post it again. Please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit