Do you wish that you were never a witness?

by Iamallcool 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

An emphatic YES!

Wasting 30 long years (1969-1999) ......raising six children with rigid cult beliefs and offering them a hellish childhood.....will sit sadly inside me for the rest of my life. Who knows what ANY of us would have accomplished if we had the freedom to pursue OUR dreams and not the wishes of those frauds and charlatans pretending to speak for God. Sad as well...is knowing that I CHOSE this path and was not brought up in it.....in fact, my parents warned me that if I became "one of those JWs" that they would disown me. This is exactly what they did....they never spoke to me or allowed me in their home ever again after I got baptized.

This began a downward spiral of unveiled hatred and decades of dysfunction of my whole family. Only ONE of my children (now in their 40's and 50's) still worship at the feet of the GB and the other 5 have NO religions or faiths that they find any comfort in. The WTS has totally wrecked their spirituality and I feel awful about that too.....but I guess I should expect nothing less from a "religion" that touts ITSELF and IT'S ever-changing beliefs..... while leaving the true and meaningful teachings of the Creator and His Son....in a muddled mess.

I am SO sorry that I let JWs into my home in 1969 and accepted that hideous cult indoctrination program they were offering.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit