Do you wish that you were never a witness?

by Iamallcool 30 Replies latest jw friends

• James Brown
    James Brown

WT wizzard that is interesting.

I have heard of this concept thru Robert Monroe he called it hallow heavens.

I didnt know we were attached thru black magic.

Is there any way to escape?

On the good foot. At least we will live again. Maybe next time as a jew or a catholic, or a baptist, or a presbyterian

They all seem 100% better than the Watchtower society.

• undercover
    undercover

You can't change the past, so for me it's not worth worrying or wondering about what it could've been not being a JW growing up.

Someone else mentioned this, but I had the same thought: One thing I am grateful for, upon my escaping, is that my critical thinking skills are sharper (after leaving) than if I had never been involved in an oppressive group like the JWs. If I had been raised a Baptist or Moravian, like my extended non-JW families, I probably would have never questioned anything about religion/faith/god/bible stories/etc. I'd just go along with the program, never giving it a thought, never questioning the authority of the church, because they're not as 'in-your-face' about beliefs or as disassociated from the real world.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I've done alot of things in my life that didn't turn out to be what i thought they would be but each time i've learned and tried to be wiser. Being a jw was just one thing that I tried out that wasn't the answer so i don't know.

making some wrong choices and having to pick up the pieces is just how it goes sometimes i wasn't born knowing what to do I had to learn some stuff.

• Wasanelder Once
  • dog is god
    dog is god

Every second I take a breath.

• THE GLADIATOR
  • THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Given the choice I would rather have not been a Jehovah's Witness. Then again I learnt some valuable lessons that enabled me to avoid mistakes that people with a different experience were unable to. The past no longer exists but it got me where I am now, so it served its purpose.

I save my wishes each today and the future.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

OF COURSE I DO!

If the family had not taken it....If I had not decided that it was truth and "made it my own", if at any time in my young manhood I had really thought it through and stopped and thought......If , If , If

Life is a one way street though. One cannot go back and change it, it is negative and harmful to spend too much time regretting.

At least I found out now though "

• sd-7
    sd-7

Yes and yet no. Of course I wonder what the teenage years and early 20s would have been like for me. But at the same time, knowing how much they suck at least protects me from ever becoming one of them later on in life. Without knowing the power of destructive influence as I do now, I could have been recruited by any number of potentially destructive groups/cults. Some scars are worth the pain, if you learn the right lessons from them.

I learned not just to ask questions, but to ask the right questions, and risk everything to find the answers that 'they' won't give me. The price of ignorance in this case would simply have been too high.

On the other hand, I missed out on a lot of great movies, plus a lot of great women I never got to meet or date, so I never learned the emotional maturity to make the best choices in the long term for myself. So that said, it's a big YES and a little no.

--sd-7

• Heaven
    Heaven

Technically, I never was a witness. But that crap was served up to me from birth 'til my Father's dementia kicked in about 3 years ago (so let's see... that would be 46 years of it). If I had my choices, I would have loved to eliminate all the WTS bull shiite from my life and my family. Maybe my Mom would still be alive today. My cousin who refused a blood transfusion probably would be too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit