Do you wish that you were never a witness?

by Iamallcool 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I prob wouldn't of been born cause my parents wouldn't of met, so least I got that lol.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Yes

• finally awake
    finally awake

Yes. I sincerely regret ever suggesting that Just ROn and I study with the dubs. I regret not throwing the magazines directly into the trash when I found them in the door. I regret every single minute I wasted sitting in meetings and out in service. I regret everything I didn't do with my kids because it was forbidden by the borg - holidays, birthdays, all those events that are lost to us now. I regret every time I tried to make my kids sit still and pay attention at meetings, every time I was harsh with them because I was so stressed out trying to make them into the perfect little drones. I am one of the luckiest survivors, because there is no one still in that has any power over me or anyone I care about. My family is out and intact, but I still worry that somehow one of my kids will get sucked back in someday.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

When did you become a witness?

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Absolutely. Becoming a JW was a life changing experience, but a change for the negative. I couldn't tell for years how bad it was.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I wish Sis. Frazier never came knocking on that apt door a year before I was born

I was never baptized though, just a born-in

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Yes, lamallcool. I wish it never happened. But it did and I can't unwish it. C'est la vie.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

every freaking day.

they took so much of ME, i wonder who i would of been.

• ziddina
    ziddina

What Grumblecakes said, every word!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit