Do you wish that you were never a witness?

by Iamallcool 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I was never baptised, but I got all the way to within days of it.

This monring, for the first time, even before I saw this thread, I suddenly thought to myself, actually, even though it was a nightmare, even though they put me through hell, even though those elders subjected me to appalling bullying (I might actually put a full account of what really happened onto here later on, for the first time, haven't dared to up to now) ...in spite of all that...I think I have benefited from it.

that whole awful brainwashing experience, now that I am out of it, and every single book and leaflet and pamphlet gone with the rubbish that it is, I feel freer than I have ever felt. I've seen how men with smiling faces and all because they are "acting out of love" can and will do the most dreadful things.

They shun people "out of love".

They control people "lovingly".

They can give full rein to their basest urges to exert power over human beings, just as the old slave-masters did, all "in the name of Jehovah", because once they are elders they are "acting directly on behalf of Jehovah, his direct agents". (They said that.)

So, on the one hand, I could wish never to have gone through the torture I did.But on the other hand, I have emerged much, much stronger, and will never, ever sbject and submit myself again to peoople who put themselves in authority and require me to believe fiction.

So, on balance, I have gained, but at very great cost, to my physical health and to my relationships.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Although most of it was bad for me the two biggest and best changes in my life probably would not have happened if I hadn't converted. They still outweigh the negative for me.

I gave up smoking which is something I had attempted and failed to do so many times and my belief, however false, that a supernatural being cared about me (cos certainly nobody in my family did) gave me the confidence as a single Mum with two small children to emmigrate to Spain and although things went wrong (because of a corrupt elder) and I am back in UK I will never ever regret that decision to go nor regret making some wonderful Spanish (non witnesss) friends that I am still in contact with and miss like crazy.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

As a born-in who was stuck in for decades I wish so much I had never been a JW. I feel exactly as dear "finally awake" does above, regret for what I put the kids through, and for the lost times of joy we could have had.

Yes, Chariklo, perhaps now my Critical Thinking skills are sharper than they would have been had I never been a JW. Once you wake up you learn to question every claim by anybody, and to see false arguments, dodgy proof etc etc, so Business and Politics etc are looked upon with a more careful eye.

I would sacrifice that skill to get back those lost years and opportunities.

The W.T owes me big time, they will pay, at least in aggravation from my campaigning against them in various ways.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Yes. But I agree with PHIZZY:

my Critical Thinking skills are sharper than they would have been had I never been a JW
  • freydo
    freydo

NO! Because it gave me such great pleasure in writing them a DA letter. ie - You can't fire me, I QUIT!

I feel like writing them another one.

• I quit!
    I quit!

No.. infact I'm thinking of signing up again for a second stint. Jehovahland here I come.

Now that that moment of insanity has past I would have to say that I regret it in some ways but in other ways maybe not. Sometimes it is hard to tell if something that happened to you in your life was good or bad. For instance if I was never a Jdub I wouldn't have met my wife. I wouldn't have come to know you and the other people on this board. I have friends in my life who went to the same hall I did who are no longer JWs who I would never have come to know if I never had the Jdub expirience. I also think it had made less judgemental of other people and their beliefs and less like to believe I am right and have the answers.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I specifically regret dedicating my soul to Jehovah Baghead. At least most religions "only" make you get baptized, which is a contract between you and the religion and can be broken. The Jehovah's Witlesses make you DEDICATE your soul.

Not only that, but they use magick principles to bind you to Jehovah. Though they outwardly claim to be against magick (which is how Satanists spell their form of magic, to differentiate from the more common parlor stunts and circus tricks commonly referred to as magic), they actually use their own brand of witchcraft to bind you to Jehovah. You do the first affirmation. The next 5 are done during interrogation sessions. The next 2 are done by the hounders behind your back. And the 9th, which is where the magick seals you to Jehovah, is performed at the pool. Additionally, it is probable that the hounders and others with strong emotional ties to your soul actually do 40-day rituals and workings, in the name of Jehovah, to bind your soul forever.

What is so pernicious about this is that such a dedication goes beyond this life. It goes beyond the Washtowel. You do not dedicate to the Washtowel--otherwise, fornication would be all it requires to unbind you from it. You don't just dedicate until the end of this life. They purposely exclude any escape clauses--try putting one in, and they will force you to remove such clause. You disassociate, you only sever your ties with the organization without undedicating yourself from Jehovah. Even if the religion itself falls down, you are now bound to find or start another Jehovah worshiping religion. The ones I know of are all part or fully Jewish, as the Jews' god is Jehovah.

And, once you die, you aren't even free then. When you are reincarnated, such a dedication remains intact. You will be brought into a family practicing a strong Jehovah-worshiping religion (by necessity, this means either a full Jewish religion or one that is hybrid Jewish/Christian, and very strict). These are the children born into the cancer, baptized at age 6, pious-sneering every chance they get, never being able to get out of the cancer despite being miserable, and even dying miserable still in. This is also the reason why so many witlesses will leave the cancer, stay out for 20 or more years, and then inexplicably start going back in. Many start going back to boasting sessions after being inactive for more than 30 years, even returning to field circus, until they die. This is a physical manifestation of the dedication to Jehovah that remains on the astral, forever.

Also, you are no longer free to dedicate your soul to anyone else. Once you dedicate to Jehovah, it is like money spent on one bill. Try dedicating your soul to another god, and you cannot. Dedicate to yourself, Jesus, Satan, or one of the many pagan Gods and Goddesses (or even the sun), and you will find Jehovah still owns your soul just as the company you paid first owns the money you paid them. Since you only get one soul, you can only pay one "bill"--and, even after you die, your soul still remains to Jehovah. Too late for me and those like me that dedicated our souls to this foul god, but this is one reason why this foul religion has to go.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.............................. ...OUTLAW

• Deceived
    Deceived

YES absolutely YES but I had no choice as I was 4 years old when my parents decided to let it take over our lives. It changed the course of our lives and mine especially.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I was born in. It took me 31 years to figure out how to escape. Now I am 60.

I have had good and bad thru out my life.

A lot of bad came from the witnesses.

God, and if you dont believe in God/ life works in mysterious ways.

If I was never a witness. It could have been better or it could have been worse.

For sure, it would have been different.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit