questions

by DanielC 53 Replies latest social relationships

• zeb
    zeb

• _Morpheus
      _Morpheus an hour ago
      Oh my..... that it would be a very very bad idea.
      morpheus has said it in one.

• Illuminated
    Illuminated
    Daniel, I just sent you a personal message.
  • Illuminated
    Illuminated

For lurkers who are in a similar situation, or JW's in general, please examine these sites:

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/watchtower-scandal.php

http://jwsurvey.org/category/cedars-blog

http://watchtowerdocuments.org/child-abuse-cases/

http://www.silentlambs.org/

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Daniel time and time again I've seen various ones on this board who are left picking up the pieces after a relationship soured with a JW partner. Think very hard.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

DanielC , if you want your brain so screwed over you cant think for yourself anymore , but abide by the dictates of a cult religions hierarchy then by all means become a baptized Jehovah Witness .And don`t expect a happy marriage if you drop out of the religion and your wife is still active in her beliefs .And if you don`t become a witness expect the same outcome .

Forget about her and find a " normal" girl .

smiddy

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

"Been dating from aged 16-20. Never been invited over for dinner or ever invited to a family event. Would joining even fix this or is it too late"

Walk away... By JW standards she's not doing right just by dating you. And that you've not been invited by her family should tell you all you need to know. People either accept you and show treat you fairly, or they do not. DO NOT ever try to do things to get another person's approval. It is not worth it. And JWs are the most conditional people. Besides that you never know how your girlfriend will become in future. What if she suddenly becomes more strict?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

DANIEL C - Welcome, & learn quickly while you're here!

As a Witness who is exiting fast, believe me when I tell you that Witnesses have only one thing on their minds - to recruit you.

Your "lovely girl" has the same objective - to get you to study Watchtower literature and then dedicate yourself to the Organization!

Doesn't her family's attitude to you ring any alarm bells right now??????

Don't go any further into the swamp - you will seriously regret not getting out when it was a lot easier!

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Stop thinking with the little head. Let me do some crystal ball gazing for you an dlook into yoru future:

You get baptized to improve your relationshiop with your gf's family. Then you marry her and have kids and your kids are brought up as Witnesses and subjected to the indoctrination they use to induce sub-conscious phobias that they can manipulate as your child grows older to keep them in and stop them developing critical thinking skills. Years later you wake up to the full horror and see this manipulative cult for what it is and want out. You get disfellowshipped and your wife shuns you and encourages yoru kids to do the same - she gets help from the organisation to win custody of your kids on the basis you are spiritaully weak and a bad influence. Later your kids also wake up and realise the psychological damage this cult has done to them and resent you for not doing more to get them out.

This scenario is by no means fanciful. I am not suggesting you need to break up with your gf but if you are going to stay with her do it on your own terms and be clear you will not be converting and you will actively oppose your kids being brought up as Witnesses. This will test how liberal a Witness she really is. If she walks away you know you have dodged a bullet because she is telling you the organsiation is more important to her than you. If she stays then you have good prospects of getting her out (though recognise that it wil be a long hard bitter struggle to break the spell of indoctrination but it will be her seeing your genuine love for her that will win out in the end).

I think it is ironic that so many people on this site will tell you to end the relatinship point blank because they don't give Witnesses any credit for being able to get out when they themselves have done so. My wife was brought up in the cult and baptized and very much under the yolk but over time I have gotten her to the point where she has not gone to a meeting for 18 months and didn't even go tot the memorial this year. .

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Sounds like they are weak Dubs. The kids that left probably faded and never disassociated or got disfellowshipped. My brother faded and my parents still associate with him. If she is dating a worldly guy "you" then she is definitly not in good standing. A young guy got "marked" at my last hall for dating someone who wasn't baptized. This means that other witnesses would only hang around him at the meetings. No extra association. They stuck thru and eventually got married though.

Is your lady baptized? Does she believe it's "the truth"? If she is awake but only stays in for family reasons then there may be hope.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Your G/F clearly isn't baptised yet, otherwise she'd have been told by the Elders to dump you or else, long before now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit