Patriotic Baptists -- Crazy!

by Yadirf 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

heathen

Don't mistake me for a JW sympathizer.
    I didn't.

I refuse to convert to a religion that was so eager to label me apostate for questioning their beliefs
    Now come on ... out with the rest of it. You were NOT disfellowshipped (if in fact you were disfellowshipped) simply for harboring diverse views. I was known to disagree with the 1914 doctrine, and yet I wasn't disfellowshipped.

but as far as the flag issue goes the red white and blue is no longer the official flag of the US.
    The UN flag doesn't fly above the US flag. And for that matter, not a single one of the nations have relinquished their sovereignties to the United Nations, much less the United States. When the 8th King does arrive though, it will have come into existence as the result of the nations relinquishing their sovereignties to it. -- Revelation 17:13, 17.

We need to look at the un flag because it is what all the kings of the earth worship and the US is subject to the international laws that it legislates even though the US is often in violation of those laws.IMO .
    I think that there's no question but what the UN will be the basis upon which the coming One-World Government will arise. However, with regards to the United Nations it's been said, "There is no world government yet." There won't be a One-World Government until all nations are truly willing to submit to a central government -- which necessarily requires that the majority willfully relinquish their sovereignties. Those unwilling to do so will be forced to.

They are eagerly persuing the concept of a 1 government world and the very idea of other countries involved in the US government is unconstitutional.
    Yes, the idea of a "1 government world" has been kicked around for quite some time now. And it is due to become a reality during the time of the present "king" (namely the 7th) -- the "king" the world now lives under.

Yadirf

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• dubla
    dubla

*YAWN*

aa

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

alamb

Where do the scriptures say that Cornelius (remember him, the officer) had to resign his position before baptism, or after for that matter?
    Where does it say that he didn't?

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

EVERYONE must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The Authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgement on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God's servant to do good. But if you do wrong then be afraid for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment to the wrongdoer. Therefor it is neccessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but because of conscience. This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If it is Taxes, pay taxes; if it is revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor then honor." Romans 13:1-7

Consider this passage in a 'nationalism' debate. Honor is not the same thing as worship. Honoring the flag is not worship. If JW's can 'honor' Jesus without 'worshipping' him then a normal person can 'honor' their country without worshipping it. The 12 tribes of Isreal all had flags they carried into battle established by God so whats in a flag? It's a symbol. I know JWs are irked by symbols but God uses them so it's not immoral. In fact one might draw the conclusion it is immoral to not recognize the symbols and their meanings set forth by God. Consider the scriptures and read them. Take to heart God's word & not the WT's. Then see if scripture supports the hatred JWs hold for government.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Bang

You're in dire need of a proper education!

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

plmkrzy

I love these threads
    Why?

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Amazing

By the way ... The Anointed First Century Christians also served in the "Roman Army", even as Officers ... case in point ... Cornelius, a Roman Centurian ... who was never instructed to resign his Commission.
    See my reply to alamb, above.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

dubla

*YAWN*
    Rock-a-bye-baby...go on to sleep little one.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Adonai438

EVERYONE must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The Authorities that exist have been established by God.
    Roman's chapter 13 doesn't even come close to saying that the superior authorities were "established" by God. It says "there is no authority except by God", which simply means that the world's governments (man's rule) exist by his permission only. Christians, Jehovah's Witnesses, do not "take a stand against" that which God himself allows. Neither do they wave their country's flag, which would be tantamount to supporting man's rule if they did.

This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If it is Taxes, pay taxes; if it is revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor then honor."
    Jehovah's Witnesses do all that. They pay their taxes, and give honor to those in positions of authority. Such authorities are "God's servants" in a way that you obviously haven't the capacity to understand.

Take to heart God's word & not the WT's. Then see if scripture supports the hatred JWs hold for government.
    I’ve considered both, very heavily.

JWs DO NOT hold a hatred for government! They simply do not support or advocate man’s rule. You know what, Adonai438? Your head is as hard as an anvil, surely!

• joelbear
    joelbear

Hi Yadirf,

One thing I have found fascinating about many people who live the witnesses is their return to nationalism and patriotic furvor.

To me it seems that they have to have something to which to be devoted to. Being a witness included having a deep devotion to "something".

Patriotism is a simple fit since it is popular and has all the trappings of ritual. Objects of worship (flags, political icons, etc.), rituals of worship (pledge of allegiance, saluting, etc.) rituals of sacrifice (joining the army, standing in line to vote).

I don't see much difference between government and religion. They are very similar in the structure and their payment/reward system. Indeed even business tries to tap into this by use of heavy branding techniques.

Joel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit