What you wish you had been told when you were younger

by Most Noble 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

These are all so true, especially to us boomers who grew up thinking there wasn't going to be anything of "this system of things" after 1975 and wasted the opportunity to get an education.

And, to iamwhoiam, so sad, sending a hug

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Go to college, or at least a decent trade school. Get an education because you have no idea when the end is coming. 1914 is calculated by pyramidology.

• Glander
    Glander

Told that there was no pressure to get baptized at eleven just because my cousin was getting baptized. Told that it was a very serious decision and that I should take my time to decide.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

WHERE BABIES COME FROM

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Overlaping generation?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I wish I had been told I was smart enough to go to college...by my parents. Other people told me so but my parents didn't have that kind of faith in my intelligence and I believed them! If I could go back to my high school self I would tell that unhappy overweight depressed chid that things will get better and she smarter than she's been led to believe.

My daughter's intelligence level reminds me of myself at her age but I'm the mother I wish I had had. My daughter has no doubt she's going to college and has a master plan to get there. I fostered that.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I wish I had been told that the fairytale stories were not even close to the truth! LOL

I actually used to read traditional fairytales to my daughter, but then at other times I would make up my own fairytale, and Cinderella would work hard in school and go to college. She's getting ready to graduate from college now.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Life can be celebrated.

To my mini-me:

Don't get baptised because everyone else is doing it and you looked up to your big sister. Your first instinct was right. Once you do something "wrong", they will punish you in the most barbaric way possible, by shunning.

Question everything.

Do not be afraid of "apostatic" websites. The witnesses are trying to hide truths from you to keep you in.

You are in a cult. Try to leave quietly.

These people do not love you. They are fare-weather, conditional friends.

The sadness and depression you feel will leave you one day, the day you wake up in January 2012 and decide you have no more guilt or fear of men.

oh, and the JW religion was the source of your acne.

Also, you're not going to die if you have sex, or get pregnant the first time, or get some horrible deadly disease.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit