What you wish you had been told when you were younger

by Most Noble 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• Most Noble
    Most Noble

What do you wish people told you when you were younger?

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I wish I was told I needed to decide for myself, so I must investigate and question.
    I was not allowed to read anything on evolution for example...

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Well, I WAS a smarter child than adult.

I would need to be reminded that decisions are best made with logic over emotion.

Don't play with fire- you will get burned.

Believe people when they tell you they're not nice.

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

Your my son and I will love you no matter what decisions you make in life.

• blessed_
    blessed_

Don't get bapized at 10 u migh regret it when your 25 and your family don't talk to you. Before you join the service make sure your mature enough to live alone. Never live with someone that has personal issues. Yeah that about covers it oh yeah keep your personal business to yourself.

• blessed_
    blessed_

Don't get bapized at 10 u migh regret it when your 25 and your family don't talk to you. Before you join the service make sure your mature enough to live alone. Never live with someone that has personal issues. Yeah that about covers it oh yeah keep your personal business to yourself.

• lil.lady.03
    lil.lady.03

Get out of your own head! Don't be so paranoid about the end of the world or about what "friends" think of you.

Take those rose-colored glasses off and stop thinking people are truely nice deep down. That will save you from getting your feelings hurt repeatedly. See people for who they are based on their actions and their statements about themselves.

It's okay not to be friends with everybody. It's okay not to want to be in a religion. It's okay to disagree.

Go on more vacations!! Spend the weekends doing nothing or everything you want to do!

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Avoid Ruth Harris!

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Don't get baptized as a JW, whatever you do son, don't get baptized!!

Too late, already baptized? Don't reach out for anything!! The head honchos in Walkhill don't give a rat's tail about you. Don't reach out for anything!! Shit on them just like they shit on you! Like they did your father, like they did all the other older brothers duped into this scam of a religion!!! Tell them you're already too busy, or your depressed!

You likely will get old and die in this system of things, make no mistake about it. Plan for your future kid and don't brush off teachers encouraging you to attend college.

Ask that nonJW woman that's been giving you signals out before somebody else scoops her and you're stuck looking at a bunch of bipolar pioneers who're expecting you to support their goal of being a stay-at-home pioneer.

• finally awake
    finally awake

there is nothing wrong with enjoying sex. you don't have to be a puritanical perpetual virgin to have worth and dignity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit