"Jehovah's people as a whole can never be corrupted..."

by cappytan 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Wow, that was the most boring talk - ever. That guy was filled with such self-importance that it was unwatchable.
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

A little leaven ferments the whole batch of dough. - Gal 5:9

In context, this was regarding teachings (specifically circumcision) that were not in line with what Christ taught. Here's the context:

For such freedom Christ set us free. Therefore, stand firm, and do not let yourselves be confined again in a yoke of slavery.
    2 See! I, Paul, am telling you that if you become circumcised, Christ will be of no benefit to you. 3 Again I bear witness to every man who gets circumcised that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law. 4 You are separated from Christ, you who are trying to be declared righteous by means of law; you have fallen away from his undeserved kindness. 5 For our part, we are by spirit eagerly waiting for the hoped-for righteousness resulting from faith. 6 For in union with Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision is of any value, but faith operating through love is.
    7 You were running well. Who hindered you from continuing to obey the truth? 8 This sort of persuasion does not come from the One calling you. 9 A little leaven ferments the whole batch of dough. 10 I am confident that you who are in union with the Lord will not come to think otherwise; but the one who is causing you trouble, whoever he may be, will receive the judgment he deserves.

My point here is that the statement, "Jehovah's people as a whole can never be corrupted" is actually in error. A little leaven (a little bit of false teaching, a little bit of hypocrisy, a little bit of lording it over, etc.) CAN corrupt the entire batch.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Didn't Jesus bring to the attention how "corrupted" gods organization on earth was??? according to the good ol' bible? And what about when he told moses he was going to kill them all and make a nation from him and he talked god out of it? Wouldn't it be fair to say at that moment God felt his chosen race was "corrupted"??

And that guy creeps me out on a side note. Pretty sure he is an alien or robot

• Londo111
    Londo111

This sounds like the Catholic Papal Infallibility doctrine…

• label licker
    label licker

Nice job, Cappytan!

Freemindfade, I thought he looked familiar and I was right. He's Alfred E. Newman on the front cover of Mad magazines:)

• label licker
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

It looks like a lot of JW's are leaving due to hurt feelings and lack of love! This is a good thing. If it wasn't happening, they would not be discussing it.

There is also a scripture that says that love would be the identifying mark of a true Christian. Funny...they did not mention that scripture.

Hmmm!

• the comet
    the comet

But, today, we’re living in a time where Jehovah’s people as a whole can never be corrupted.

What's the evidence to support that statement? You're not going to find that in the bible. It's like saying, I can't be wrong, because I'm right. It seems like this is more for people in the know, and for ones at corporate HQ. I think your average jw isn't really going to understand what they're saying. If you know what's going on though the message is clear, forget about all the bad things, it doesn't mean we're wrong. If you don't you're leaving jehovah.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes
    He looks spooky.
  • sunny23
    sunny23
    WTBS and GB Not apologizing for financially bankrupting or degrading thousands perhaps millions because of false end time predictions/strong suggestions and blaming it on the readers, misquoting scientists, retracting the quotes and not apologizing, and being a part of the UN for 11 years and trying to hide it. Using world wide work funds to settle child abuse court cases and claim that the elders have "no duty to inform" the congregation of pedophiles. Causing the needless deaths of children by a bogus misinterpretation of scriptures about blood. Yea not corrupt at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit