"Jehovah's people as a whole can never be corrupted..."

by cappytan 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cappytan
    cappytan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zGdS4z-h2I

Transcript below (with key points of interest bolded):

Please open your bibles to Phil. chapter 4.
    If you’re using an electronic device, I invite you to do this by means of the JW Library app.
    Sometimes in our public ministry, we have an opportunity to show people the difference between the King James version and the New World Translation.
    If you tap the 6 on your iPad at Phil. 4:6, you’ll notice that the King James renders this verse “Be careful for nothing…” which sounds like an exhortation to worry needlessly, exactly the opposite of what Phil. 4:6,7 is encouraging us to do.
    Namely, “Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything, by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving, let your petitions be made known to God and the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your mental powers by means of Christ Jesus.”
    Now, I invite you to use the bookmark feature of your JW Library as we’ll return here.
    But now, regarding the comments in our text today that have to do with stumbling, how is it, what are some sorts of understanding that are surpassed by the peace of God.
    Sometimes, when a person is mistreated, he thinks, and rightly so, that this sort of thing ought not to happen in Jehovah’s organization.
    How might the peace of God surpass that understanding?
    One way is that Jehovah reminds us through his word that sometimes things happen in Jehovah’s organization that ought not to happen.
    Turn, please, to 1 Samuel chapter 24 and verse 2.
    Here, young David was enduring persecution from Saul, who had lost Jehovah’s favor and was jealous of David.
    Notice what happens here in verse 2.
    1 Samuel 24:2
    “So Saul took 3,000 men chosen from all Israel and went to look for David and his men on the rocky cliffs of the mountain goats.”
    Imagine that. The King of Israel, using Israel’s army, which was supported by dedicated funds, to go after a personal enemy.
    An enemy of his that actually had Jehovah’s favor.
    That was wrong on so many levels and it continued for years.
    But the point is, what was David’s response to that?
    Was he bitter?
    Did he say, you know, “There’s no use even trying under circumstances like this?”
    Well, no.
    On the contrary, he remained respectful of Saul’s position as God’s anointed one, refusing to attack, even when he had many opportunities to do so.
    In fact, notice his actions in verse 8.
    ‘Then David got up and went out from the cave and called out after Saul: “My lord the king!” When Saul looked behind him, David bowed down low with his face to the ground and prostrated himself.’
    David refused to allow bitterness to poison his heart or to compromise his integrity.
    But, today, we’re living in a time where Jehovah’s people as a whole can never be corrupted.
    So, how is it that this brother that disappointed me can maintain a good standing?
    That is a form of understanding.
    How does the peace of God surpass that understanding?
    Well, one way is that it brings back to our minds the Christian Greek Scriptures are full of counsel directed to us to help us put up with those who have given us a legitimate cause for complaint.
    So, we shouldn’t be surprised if occasionally one of our brothers or sisters is lacking in some Christian quality.
    Is it possible that applying the words of Phillipians chapter 4 verse 8 will help us?
    A lot has to do with the way that we direct our thoughts.
    If you have enabled your electronic bookmark, you can just tap it and go back to Philipians chapter 4.
    And while you’re tapping, tap the 8 for the Kingdom Interlinear rendering.
    The main text of Philipians 4:8 reads - “Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are of serious concern, whatever things are righteous, whatever things are chaste, whatever things are lovable…continue considering these things.”
    But, notice that the Kingdom Interlinear, instead of lovable, uses the expression “affection inducing.”
    Jehovah wants us to consider what is good in people, to focus on that which induces our affection for them rather than our resentment.
    And the article “Finding the Key to Brotherly Affection” in the October 15th 1993 issue of the Watchtower, the Watchtower boiled the whole process down to one word.
    Appreciation.
    Appreciation is the key to brotherly affection.
    Yes, I’m hurt.
    However, is there something or anything that I or God or others sees in this brother and appreciates?
    Can I see it?
    Is he seeking first the kingdom?
    He didn’t have to make himself available to serve Jehovah here at Bethel, but he has.
    Is he putting up a good fight against our three common enemies, Satan the Devil, the flesh, the world?
    Despite where he has come from in life and what he is presently going through, is he not really doing his best?
    Continue considering the “affection inducing” things.
    Moreover, listen to what it says right here in Philipians chapter 4 and verse 13.
    “For all things I have the strength through the one who gives me power.”
    Now, true, when an offense is a major sin, it’s understandable that we would take steps to initiate the appropriate congregation action.
    But we should always remember that Jehovah gives us the strength we need to serve him, even under difficult circumstances.
    There’s never a reason to stop serving Jehovah.
    We should always be ready to ask Jehovah for his help, particularly if it seems something is going to interfere with our feelings for him and our stand for his Kingdom.
    Always ready to ask Jehovah for his help.
    Indeed, we should be careful for nothing, not in the sense of worrying needlessly, but in the sense of our day’s text, that we keep on asking Jehovah.
    Not being anxious over anything but letting our petitions be made known to God with the confidence that he will supply us the strength that we need to remain firm and do his will.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Just like Jehovah's organization in the past (the nation of isreal, and later the christian congregation) could never be corrupted. Oh....wait...
  • adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge
    This David Schafer is used often. I bet he is next in line for GB position. He was the one that gave a talk in Plant City, Florida last year and gave out real people's name as Apostates (The men overthrown by Rutherford and Franz). He also mentioned the various splinter groups that formed. Then he caught his mistake and warned all not to google these people's names and organizations. lol
  • prologos
    prologos
    what was David's response?, he armed himself , got a small army, and used every trick in the book to elude the deluded. so: why should resisters not legitimately follow his examples today? do everything to frustrate the establishment's moves?
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Jehovah's people as a Hole can never be corrupted..."

...............Image result for hole

• pixel
    pixel

If you’re using an electronic device, I invite you to do this by means of the JW Library app.

That sounded so silly.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Jehovah's peep hell asshole conifer bee chiroptid.
  • millie210
    millie210

Sounds to me like

a) they are getting lots of letters from people with legitimate cause for complaint.

b) they know the corruption is widespread, thus the use of the qualifier "as a whole"

c) they are desperate and could only come up with the Saul/David story to build their case.

pathetic.

Why not move over to the Greek scriptures and talk about presumptuous ones and how wrong that is and how they have a plan to do something about it. Something that doesnt involve singing carts and animated homogenized little drone children?

• cappytan
    cappytan
    millie210
    c) they are desperate and could only come up with the Saul/David story to build their case.

If you read between the lines, the real reason they brought up the Saul/David story is to make this point: "remained respectful of Saul’s position as God’s anointed one, refusing to attack, even when he had many opportunities to do so."

So don't you DARE attack Jehovah's anointed ones (the GB) by becoming apostates, even though you have a legitimate complaint.

"There is NEVER a reason to stop serving Jehovah the Governing Body."

• sir82
    sir82

Yes indeed, if you are hurt by anyone in "Jehovah's organization", and don't immediately forgive, YOU are far more at fault and YOU will be executed by Jehovah and it is all YOUR fault and what is YOUR problem....

Nice loving message. So encouraging!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit