"Jehovah's people as a whole can never be corrupted..."

by cappytan 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• New day
    New day
    In context, David was hopeful that Jehovah would judge Saul in due time, as he knew he (David) was in the right. I think there is an account where David realises that Jehovah will judge Saul eventually so he knows justice will out. But the suggestion in this video is simply to put up with it.
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    Wow, that was the most boring talk - ever. That guy was filled with such self-importance that it was unwatchable.

Yeah, this is par for the course for morning worship programs. It's a main reason why I skipped whenever possible while I was up there.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

marking

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Whats with the ears?

Also I liked to add, I tried watching this video. I could only view about half of it. It was painful to watch with his monotone voice, was enough to put you to sleep. I have read that this is part of mind control techniques to kind of talk in a hypnotic tone.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Whats with the ears?

THE BETTER TO HEAR YOU WITH, MY DEAR - Oppressive Wolf

• Tazemanian-devil
    Tazemanian-devil

adjusted knowledge

"Then he caught his mistake and warned all not to google these people's names and organizations. lol "

He gave this exact talk, in the exact same way in Denton, TX, complete with the reminder not to Google. It apparently was no mistake. I think they actually want you to google, because when you read the Wikipedia article for example, you could get the impression that these splinter groups have all failed. So for many, it might just reaffirm their faith. For those capable of abstract thought, it will push them further out. They're fine with either outcome. They are trying to draw in the gullible and weed out the infidels.

• sir82
    sir82

It occurs to me that the "as a whole" qualifier is utterly meaningless.

Children are not raped by "Jehovah's people as a whole". They are raped by individuals.

Families are not ripped asunder because someone was disfellowshipped by "Jehovah's people as a whole". They are ripped asunder because someone was unable to convince 3 window-washers of their repentance.

People don't die from loss of blood due to "Jehovah's people as a whole". They die from loss of blood because they happen to believe the flawed reasoning of the author of the JW blood policy.

Saying that "Jehovah's people as a whole can never be corrupted" is of no comfort whatsoever.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

So, how is it that this brother that disappointed me can maintain a good standing?

Forgot to mention that Saul lost his good standing.

Not a good comparison.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

This whole Jehovah's people as a "whole" shit helped me wake up.

They are literally admitting everytime they say that, that they do not care about individuals, individual people, individual families are all expendable, colateral damage in theocratic warfare.

• done4good
    done4good
    sparrowdown an hour ago

This whole Jehovah's people as a "whole" shit helped me wake up.

They are literally admitting everytime they say that, that they do not care about individuals, individual people, individual families are all expendable, colateral damage in theocratic warfare.

Realizing this is why I never returned after leaving in late 2005.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit