"Jehovah's people as a whole can never be corrupted..."

by cappytan 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bigdummy
    Bigdummy

"It occurs to me that the "as a whole" qualifier is utterly meaningless."

murderers. just Hitler and his higher ups and The SS and all the other crazy soldiers who had a

bent mind. But the whole German population weren't crazy and sadistic. Even some of Hitler's

higher ups tried to kill him or have him killed. So all of the German government weren't corrupted.

So the " as a whole " statement means absolutely zilch.

• millie210
    millie210
    cappytan8 hours ago
    millie210
    c) they are desperate and could only come up with the Saul/David story to build their case.

If you read between the lines, the real reason they brought up the Saul/David story is to make this point: "remained respectful of Saul’s position as God’s anointed one, refusing to attack, even when he had many opportunities to do so."

So don't you DARE attack Jehovah's anointed ones (the GB) by becoming apostates, even though you have a legitimate complaint.

"There is NEVER a reason to stop serving Jehovah the Governing Body."

Ah, good point Cappytan. Thanks!

I wasnt thinking of the whole "annointed" thing.

I do wonder what has put a bee in their bonnet that they felt the need to make this a "topic".

Whatever it is, Im glad.

• Island Man
    Island Man

He said:

"There’s never a reason to stop serving Jehovah."

This statement contains an implicit bait and switch on the word "Jehovah". It baits "Jehovah" but what is really implied and gets switched around in the minds of indoctrinated JWs is "Watchtower / The Organization / The Faithful and Discreet Slave". Brainwashed JWs are expected - no programmed - to read the statement as:

"There is never a justifiable reason to leave the JW organization."

This is one of the most often used tools of psychological manipulation to get awakening JWs to turn a blind eye to the serious faults of the organization - the kinds of faults that JWs would readily point to in other religions as evidence of them being false and the need for persons in those religions to leave them. So it doesn't matter how corrupt, deceitful and foolish the leadership of the JW organization proves to be; or how false the organization proves to be, you still have to be a loyal follower because "serving Jehovah" is very foolishly and shamelessly self-servingly equated with membership in the organization - the very organization that proves to be false which should logically mean you should leave it as per Revelation's admonition to "get out of her my people!". But this fact gets conveniently ignored when it comes to the glaring sins of the JW organization; but readily applied to all others.

They are such unforgivable deceitful manipulators and hypocrites!

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Did you notice this part???

"... Jehovah reminds us through his word that sometimes things happen in Jehovah’s organization that ought not to happen.

Turn, please, to 1 Samuel chapter 24 and verse 2.

Here, young David was enduring persecution from Saul, who had lost Jehovah’s favor and was jealous of David.
    Notice what happens here in verse 2.
    1 Samuel 24:2
    “So Saul took 3,000 men chosen from all Israel and went to look for David and his men on the rocky cliffs of the mountain goats.”
    Imagine that. The King of Israel, using Israel’s army, which was supported by dedicated funds, to go after a personal enemy.
    An enemy of his that actually had Jehovah’s favor.
    That was wrong on so many levels and it continued for years."

It's this part that gets me:

"Imagine that. The King of Israel, using Israel’s army, which was supported by dedicated funds, to go after a personal enemy."

"Supported by dedicated funds" !!!!!" -- "to go after a personal enemy." !!!!!!

And the speaker (incredibly boring speaker) thinks it is shocking that the king would grossly misappropriate the use of these funds!!

Does Watchtower ever use "dedicated funds" to go after a personal enemy"????? (a rhetorical question for most of you!!). Fighting or defending themselves against pedophile or child abuse lawsuits much?? Oh my gawd.

I cannot believe what comes out of these guy's mouths.

• nugget
    nugget
    what happened to a little leaven corrupts the whole lump?
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

In my mind, one question easily defeats their false analogy.

Who was guilty of "leaving Jehovah", Saul or David?

If it was Saul who left through his corruption, then obviously Saul's physical location was unimportant, but his actions were. So even though Saul may have lived at the World HQ of his day, he had abandoned God.

If David stayed with Jehovah, then it's also obvious that a physical location is meaningless. Whether David lived in a cave, or a tent as a fugitive, he never left Jehovah.

Biblically speaking, no XIAN can leave God by ceasing to visit any physical location on earth. There is no temple where God dwells, therefore it is impossible to leave him by leaving any sect or denomination that is corrupt on any level. Like David, the WTBTS's go-to hero, you are simply removing yourself from a spiritually harmful, life threatening situation.

This "as a whole" business is pure BS.

Just thinking out loud here, would the WTBTS Inc., ever burn a higher-up to "prove" that corruption exists? Then they could say that they are cleaning house in these " Last days" and come out looking better. After all, they just had a very ambiguous WT study some months back, and it dealt with apostate infiltrators. It would be a great "We told you so." angle to use. I would DF Loesch as an example for all. What better way to show that Jeehoobie will not tolerate disobedience, and that Jeehoobie's Org is the one true corporation??

DD

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

Jehovah's people as a Hole can never be corrupted..."

I use the term "As-a-whole" as often as I can in talking with others, particularly when speaking about the holier than thou pinheads in the cong. If you run the words together just right the point is ass-hole.

• Heaven
    Heaven

sir82, you have an excellent way of stating things.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

But, today, we’re living in a time where Jehovah’s people as a whole can never be corrupted.

So what does that mean? It's 99.9% corrupted, but that's okay?

This from the men who brought you the illustration: If you were offered a glass of water and you were promised that there was only a little poison in it, would you drink it?

So the sheeple are expected to donate money to an organization that has no transparency of exactly how and where the finances go, there is no auditing, and the only consolation is that the organization as a whole isn't completely corrupt? Then this organization would condemn a group of children celebrating a birthday because there were 2 birthday parties centuries ago that they would consider "corrupt" examples?

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

I just have to share this...

This dude spoke at the Arlington international convention last year. They had those huge maga screens focused closely on his face...and he had a little booger in his nose...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit