hello I recently got away from the so called "truth" looking for people to talk to

by LuLu4YouYou 41 Replies latest jw friends

• LuLu4YouYou
    LuLu4YouYou

Thanx everyone for your advice and encouragement. I have been seeing a Therapist once a week and a Psychiatrist once a month. I am on some medication that seems to really be helping. However I am trying be on the fewest meds as possible they want to give me a pill for everything but i have managed to limit it to 3 or 4 daily meds 3 on the reg. and 1 if I feel I need itup 3 or 4 times a day I dont take it very often though mixed with the other meds it kinda makes me drowsy.... works if i cant sleep though. Ive been frustrated with my whole situation though bcuz it feels kinda hopeless I dont think im ever going to get custody back. There is way to much working against me I signed away my parental rights.. The BIGGEST mistake I ever made. Its kills me when my 9 year old son comes to me and says I need to come to the meetings or else I wont be in the Paradise with him that i will die at armageddon... :( How can you teach that to a child that their parent will die if they do not come back to a certain religion. I know the JWs are not the only people who use those kind of brainwashing ideals to control their "flock". I really disgusts me I know the average Witness is not even aware of what they are involved in. Shame on the Watchtower!!!!!!! Those who are in control the "Faithful" and Discreet Slave are the ones who will be judged in the end(if there is an end). I know that God doesnt let all of these cults (not just the JWs) go unnoticed.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Hi LuLu, as always there is good advice to be found here. Well you have amply demonstrated the life your should not have lived now you have to demonstrate that you can be a parent and help care for your children in all ways. Concerning your kids I think it's important that they have consistency in their life for the next number of years and staying with your mother may in many ways be better at least for now. Also you need a chance to grow and find some happiness. But they also need healthy contact with you and hopefully their grandfather. Does your father get to see them? If you had part custody that would go without saying. You need to get with someone who understands family law and can review your history and tell you the legal steps to take. If you haven't investigated having visitation rights then do so before you convince yourself that you can't. You will only be able to achieve this through the courts/family services (which by the way may be a good place to start) and you will have to provide the information about your progress to earn that privilege. What I would shoot for, if I was in your situation, is to simply have some of your parental rights restored so that you can have regular contact with your kids and be able to provide a positive counter balance in their lives when it comes to school and school activities and of course the 'truth'. If you become a loving trusted parent you will be an important influence in their lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit