hello I recently got away from the so called "truth" looking for people to talk to

by LuLu4YouYou 41 Replies latest jw friends

• LuLu4YouYou
    LuLu4YouYou

by the way earlier I tried to embed a video of this vid i saw on youtube im gonna try again

• Etude
    Etude

Well, I'm not a lawyer. But it seems to me that you would eventually have to end up in court and argue your situation to get your kids back. I would judge that you made a good decision to have someone else care for them while you were strung out. If you've cleaned up your life, you should be able to demonstrate that you are now a responsible and that you can provide the right care for them. If some significant time has gone by, you may want to ask the kids if they want to live with you, just to get a feel for the situation. You can also assess how difficult the family member with control can make things for you. But don't say anything until you're ready to make several moves ahead of the other person.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Louis, welcome!

Many here have experienced the same or worse.

Yet today they are settled, happy, normal and at peace.

There is hope!

The journey has a much better destination than you can now imagine.

Please hang in there and keep talking to us here on JWN who understand and have been there.

• JWB
    JWB

Welcome Louis, I'm so sad to hear about all your pain and suffering. I think you will find many here (and on other support sites) who can truly empathise with you and encourage you.

• LuLu4YouYou
    LuLu4YouYou

this website www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com has a internet talk show type deal I have found it interesting and helpful. Im amazed how many people are out there that have been hurt by the JWs. theres also alot of good videos on youtube

• ziddina
    ziddina

Welcome, LuLu4!!

woo hoo

I would recommend that you seek some decent counselling - just to help you see clearly what forms of manipulations you have been subjected to. That will help you to avoid falling prey to such manipulative behaviors in future.

I mention that, because my next piece of advice is to start making friends - REAL friends, not those conditional 'friends' that you may have had in the congregation. The counselling would help you avoid manipulative users, and would hopefully assist you to make decisions that will enhance your future health, strength, emotional health and financial stability.

In fact - not to toot my own horn but - let me link an old thread of mine...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/174163/1/Deepest-sympathies-to-all-ex-JWs-whove-been-hurt-by-the-WORLD

I hope you enjoy this...

Zid - the board's She-Devil...

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Yes Welcome!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome. Sounds like you have had some real challenges to deal with. You are probably my daughters age. She had some mental issues also, though not as severe. She attempted suicide twice. She is fine now, so I believe there is hope for you too. I made sure sure she got help, and not the elders, real therapists, it took five years. I am very glad that you did not die when you attempted, every life is valuable. You have your whole life ahead of you, and your children need you. You are clean and sober, a great start, so good for you. And you know the truth about the truth, so you don't have that baggage dragging you down. Keep going to therapy if you can.

You should probably plan to get your kids back eventually. but for now they are probably better off with your mom. Just make sure you are prepared before you attempt that. You cannot help them unless you are 100 percent well yourself.

Take care, thanks for sharing your story. let us know how you are doing

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Hi Louis, Welcome! I think the advice you're already getting is good. Definitely see a counsellor/psychiatrist. It'll definitely help your cause. You will then have proof to show any court that you are on top of things in your life, that you are taking control and being responsible. Also, you can have your counsellor vouch for you, and give first-hand testimony that you are ready to get your kids back in your life. I really hope things go right for you, not only for your sake, but for your kids. They are probably getting the indoctrination right now. I would just try to get to know them again, and be their friends, and not criticize anything about your family or the JWs. Ease them into thinking for themselves gently.

Wishing you the best of luck

• jgnat
    jgnat

Glad to see you revisiting the thread! Remember to take advantage of all visitation, and be as reliable as the Pope. This is good for the kids, good for you, and speaks to how you have cleaned up your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit