hello I recently got away from the so called "truth" looking for people to talk to

by LuLu4YouYou 41 Replies latest jw friends

• thinking_not_believing
    thinking_not_believing

hi... im new to this forum or any like it... but i have been out for almost a decade i guess... i love stories... please share yours.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

We've been waiting for you Louis!! kick your shoes off and relax and enjoy the comraderie (sp?) with all your friends who truly know what you have

experienced with the JWs.

NJY

• LuLu4YouYou
    LuLu4YouYou

Thank you everyone for being so welcoming and Kind. Sorry i took so long to respond... I have been doing alot of research online about the JWs I guess they really are truely a cult...I am hesitant to share some of my story. I am afraid certain people may see it and I still have some good reasons not to want that. My story.. well I dont have a lot of time right this minute but let me give u a brief overview. I was born in to a JW family... I grew up ina good home for the most part. My father was a alcoholic most of my preteenlife and half of my teenage years.. His drinking had alot to do with the JWs and horrors he experienced by Brothers at the watchtower society in Brooklyn. My father is the oine who really helped me see thatt I was involved in a evil organization. I myself was also sexually abused by someone in my local KingdomHall which was swept under the Rug by the Local Elders...

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, Louis. I bet you weren't expecting such a vigorous response! This is a lively board. That is why I enjoy it so much.

What many of us do to share our tale is modify names, dates, and locations.

It really does help to have a place where you can open up.

In your own time,

• LuLu4YouYou
    LuLu4YouYou

so with that I will go back to my preteens and my early teenage years..

I was always a great Athlete loved football also great at the Academics also I wanted to join the Chess club and the local Pewee football league. Which was forbidden in my house after months of begging and Nagging my mother to join these to activites she broke down and allowed me to join the chess Club for a brief time... until I believe the local congregation advised her against it I forged her name on the release form to play football for the local league and she Immediately within weeks enrolled me in to home schooling.

Once i was in home schooling it really did more harm then good. I fell in to a deep depression and nnone could help me the Elders said draw close to Jehovah he will help my mom would not bring me to see a psych Dr. because she did nto feel int was needed. I fin out today i am Bipolar typer 2 with severe depression and PTSD from being sexually abused as a child. At this point my momwas a single mom her qand my dad divorced and my dad was considered a Apostate..

By the way calling someone an Apostate who has left the religion especially sopmeone like my father who dedicated a great part of his life to the "truth" also makes me SICK. My father has been my strength since I decided I had to get away. Well back to home schooling my mom jhad top work all day left me home by myseklf to do my school work. instead I got involved in running drugs in my local area. As I said in the beggining I have been in and out for a number of years. well living that lifestyle was great in some ways I made a ton of $ had everything i could ever ask for (material wise) had woman at my feet because i was young in good shaope and had lots of $ but I also always felt this sickening guilt constantly wether it be for selling drugs or just taking a non witness girl on a date.

In the early 2000s I got married my wife passed away n ot long after leaving me with 2 young children 3yrs old and 1 month old to care for myself. I decided to move in to my moms house so she could help me with the kids however the rule was if I lived there i had to attend the meetings again. I was publically reproved twice the only reason they did not disfellowship me was because my father threathened them with a lawsuit if they did naything to push me over the edge.

I faioled to mention that in about 2005 I attempted suicide and not a cry for help I am lucky top be alive today they almost lost me they said the only reason i lived was because I was in such good physical health. Well being forced to go backj to the kingdom hall brought bacjk all the horrible memories of being seuxally abused and many other things and I started using heroine, cocaine you mention it. I lost custody of my kids and they are now with my mom.

IOt seems the only way i will ever get them back is if I decide to come back to the "truth" and i use the word truth sarcastically. I am clean and sober today and I working a honest job not selling drugs anymore however in order to get clean I had to cut the people out of my life who were involved in selling or using drugs the other half of the people in my life were JWs and they cut me out. so I have felt very alone atleast I have had my father.. See my breaking point was when i found several websites that have really helped me see the evils of the watchtower incase any of you do not know these sites I cqan think of 2 off the top of my head 1 is www.silentlambs.org and also www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com io cannot believ the sexual abuse that takes place in the watchtower on silent lambs and also the Sixscreens has a great conference call i think on saturdays that has allowed me to connect with some people the six screens also has a show on youtube call jehoavhs witness world news <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uAds9cAywH4?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This show really I think can help people to see the evilness of the Watchtower Society. infact if anyone can please help me to maybe try and contact the people who make this show and also the silent lambs website I would like to maybe share my story on their website I have emailed the links on their pages but have not got a response any help would be appreciated well this is the short version of ym story thank you for taking tyhe time to read it who knows maybe you will see me on the jw world news sometime telling my story for real if they would allow to keep my identity private. If any of you would like to read my who,le story in detail email me at LuLu4YouYou "at" yahoo.com [edited by moderator to protect security]

With Christian Love,

Louis from New England

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am sure you don't have to rejoin the Witnesses to earn custody back. Do you have regular visitation now? If not, start working on that.

• Jaime l de Aragon
  • nugget
    nugget

Good place to find people who know what you are going through.

• Etude
    Etude

Louis, that's a major saga you just posted. Welcome to this site and know that many people here have also had major upheavals in their lives. You can take comfort in that the majority have been able to heal and go forward in life. I know you can get your kids back. With a good start and clean life, it would be the best revenge for those who are now indoctrinating your kids and possibly exposing them to abuse. Hang in there. Vent, vent, vent. We're listening.

• LuLu4YouYou
    LuLu4YouYou

As far as being able to get my kids back with out going backl to the JW. see when I was using drugs real bad and was out of control I made the huge mistake of signing custody over to a family member and now they have control I do get some visitations however I dont knwo if I will ever get my parental rights back :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit