What is God's Kingdom?

by Gods_Kingdom 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think its sad that people would go as far as to actually believe in ancient mythological story telling.

What a waste of human intelligence.

Maybe the underlining reason is that they dont understand what ancient mythology is and why it was expressed by the various ancient civilizations.

G_K in his Bio has bumped into one religion after another and is now involved in the JWS.

Now he believes in what dubiously corrupt religious charlatans have to say.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Bible is the map. The Kingdom is God's heavenly Kingdom government that will rule over the earth after Armageddon. How do you get there? Pray for Holy Spirit to guide you, Read your Bible and Study diligently all scriptures referring to the Kingdom. If you don't know how, then ask the next Jehovah's Witness that comes to your door to study the Bible with you.....Gods_Kingdom

No Map in the Bible,I looked..

JW`s study WBT$ Literature about the Bible..There is No Bible Study.....Bait and Switch..

JWs knock on my door to tell me "They`re too Busy to Talk!"......Then Leave..

..................Image result for Watchtower logo

..........................................................IS A..

......Image result for Waste of time

• kairos
    kairos

What are you hoping to achieve? We've all seen behind the curtain, here.

You know Harm-you-gettin' was supposed to come in 1914, yes?
    Mixed signal? Lil' static on God's one channel of communication?

He didn't mean 1914, he meant after 2015...

• Gods_Kingdom
    Gods_Kingdom

Moses saw god unless you don't believe the bible.

The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young aide Joshua son of Nun did not leave the tent.

(Exodus 33:17-23) 17 Jehovah went on to say to Moses: “I will also do this thing that you request, because you have found favor in my eyes and I know you by name.” 18 Then he said: “Please show me your glory.” 19 But he said: “I will make all my goodness pass before your face, and I will declare before you the name of Jehovah; and I will favor the one whom I favor, and I will show mercy to the one to whom I show mercy.” 20 But he added: “You cannot see my face, for no man can see me and live.” 21 Jehovah said further: “Here is a place near me. Station yourself on the rock. 22 When my glory is passing by, I will place you in a crevice of the rock, and I will shield you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 After that I will take my hand away, and you will see my back. But my face may not be seen.”

(Numbers 12:8) Face-to-face I speak to him, openly, not by riddles; and the appearance of Jehovah is what he sees. Why, then, did you not fear to speak against my servant, against Moses?”

(Deuteronomy 34:10) But there has never again arisen a prophet in Israel like Moses, whom Jehovah knew face-to-face.

Face to face is referring to the very close relationship Moses had with God, not that they were literally face to face. In fact the bigger picture as to why the Bible is hard to understand and there are so many different Christian religions today is because of misinterpretations of what is literal when it should be symbolic and something symbolic taken as literal.

(John 1:18) No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is at the Father’s side is the one who has explained Him.

(John 6:46) Not that any man has seen the Father, except the one who is from God; this one has seen the Father.

(Acts 7:38) This is the one who came to be among the congregation in the wilderness with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Si′nai and with our forefathers, and he received living sacred pronouncements to give us.

A number of times the Bible says that God spoke to someone seemingly directly but another scripture says it was an angle speaking to them. The Bible seems to contradict itself. God speaks "directly" to people via a representative like an angel or through one of his Prophets or through Jesus but never his very being shown directly to a human. Gods glory is too holy to be viewed by an imperfect human and still live.

(Exodus 3:2-4) . . .Then Jehovah’s angel appeared to him in a flame of fire in the midst of a thornbush. As he kept looking, he saw that the thornbush was on fire, and yet the thornbush was not consumed. 3 So Moses said: “I will go over to inspect this unusual sight to see why the thornbush does not burn up.” 4 When Jehovah saw that he went over to look, God called to him out of the thornbush and said: “Moses! Moses!” to which he said: “Here I am.”

When people think about the account of the burning bush they imagine that God Himself came down from heaven and spoke face to face with Moses but this is not the case. Jehovah always uses a representative and speaks through the representative.

• Gods_Kingdom
    Gods_Kingdom

Well folks, I came to this forum thinking I could have good Bible discussions with people interested in Jehovah's Witnesses but instead it is a den of critical, cynical, bitter people. Someone on this forum thread stated correctly that this is an apostate site so I will not stay here any longer. Truly the darkness is very dark for those who do not follow the pattern of the Beroean's (Acts 17:11). I will find another place to discuss Bible truths with others online as well as preach publicly and from door to door (Acts 20:20).

(1 Corinthians 1:18-21) 18 For the speech about the torture stake is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is God’s power. 19 For it is written: “I will make the wisdom of the wise men perish, and the intelligence of the intellectuals I will reject.” 20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this system of things? Has not God made the wisdom of the world foolish? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not get to know God through its wisdom, God was pleased through the foolishness of what is preached to save those believing.

(Isaiah 29:13, 14) 13 Jehovah says: “This people approaches me with their mouth And they honor me with their lips, But their heart is far removed from me; And their fear of me is based on commands of men that they have been taught. 14 Therefore, I am the One who will again do wonderful things with this people, With wonder upon wonder; And the wisdom of their wise men will perish, And the understanding of their discreet men will be hidden.”

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I will find another place to discuss Bible truths with others online as well as preach publicly and from door to door.....Gods_Kingdom

Of course you will.....Why would you Listen to Jesus?..

Your not a Christian..Your a WatchTard..

Luke 10 New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Sends Out the Seventy-Two

10 After this the Lord appointed seventy-two[a] others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go. 2 He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. 3 Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves. 4 Do not take a purse or bag or sandals; and do not greet anyone on the road.

5 “When you enter a house, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’ 6 If someone who promotes peace is there, your peace will rest on them; if not, it will return to you. 7 Stay there, eating and drinking whatever they give you, for the worker deserves his wages. Do not move around from house to house.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Gods_Kingdom,

Again, you are way ahead of yourself. The bible does say people talked directly to god, pretending it doesn't is dishonest.

Also, you've completely avoided giving us any information we could use to determine what god is made of, what spirit is, how we can detect it, etc.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If you have an once of intelligence and a bit of intellectual honesty G_K you would realize that the bible many times contradicts itself. In other words these fictional mythological stories got twisted up from one writer to another.

I quoted a scripture that clearly states that certain men saw god and you quoted Scriptures that says no man has seen god.

I quoted scriptures that men have seen angels, which you say no man has seen angels. etc etc.

I think your a bit of con artist though like the organization you support the very corrupt and lying Watchtower Publishing house.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sounds to me that G_K is taking the exit door because he cant answer challenging questions, there are certain questions and topics that the WTS hasn't structured a strong supporting position on, like why cant men wear beards ie.

When challenged upon certain select doctrines or theology, JWS dont have a preprepared answer , the only resolve is well you people are just lowly apostates or voices of Satan. Your weaken my faith, so I'm leaving this discussion.

• kaik
    kaik

Just rolling my eyes. I kinda find it insulting form G_K to say that many of us who were associated with JW & WT do not know Bible nor have not read it. Many of the information G_K provides is mashup of various doctrines from WT but reciting biblical verses, but often missing important information all together.

Additionally, G_K, why you think that this forum is for Christians only or anyone just to hear Christian nonsense? As someone who is married to person of Jewish faith I find it disrespectful to have Christian views to pushed through my throat. To me what is written in the NT does not have any authority and this is NOT your door-to-door field service. If you want to debate your faith, you have to realize that first of all, not everyone is Christian and many ex-JWs are religiously indifferent to atheist.

Your diatribe reminds me why I have left KH 21 years ago, and why I do not respect Christianity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit