What is God's Kingdom?

by Gods_Kingdom 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Apparently someone at the Watchtower Corporation saw god addressing angels .

This is off JWorg.

Say why is God an old man and all the other lesser gods angels I suppose look like him ?

God isn't suppose to be an old dude that is going through the aging process .

• Gods_Kingdom
    Gods_Kingdom
    Village Idiot
    Village Idiot 3 minutes ago

Gods_Kingdom,

"Jesus said if you don't eat my flesh and drink my blood you have no everlasting life."

It's ironic that you make the above statement while the vast majority of Jehovah's Witnesses do not participate in that eating and drinking.

Partaking of the bread and wine which symbolize Jesus body and blood are for those who are in a covenant relationship with him and will be with Jesus ruling from heaven as Kings and Priests. If all go to heaven to rule as Kings and Priests then who will they rule over? As the saying goes, If all are chiefs then their are no Indians. The 1,000 year reign of Jesus, spoken of in Revelation will be with Jesus ruling in heaven over the earth for that time period. Jesus will not be ruling alone, he will be ruling with a limited number, 144,000 co-rulers chosen from the earth to rule over all others who survive the great tribulation and Armageddon and who those who are resurrected to earth.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Bible says God is a Spirit and God is Love.

Thats why he once killed all of humanity by drowning them accept for one family who really weren't so perfect and he is going to whack most of the earth's popualtion gain soon from information coming from his publishing house.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Gods_Kingdom, I a fully aware of Witness doctrine. You however missed the irony. You stated that those who do not partake have NO ETERNAL LIFE. The contradiction is plain and clear.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

.....and I just caught something else from that picture all those angels and god himself are wearing beards.

I got told once i couldn't wear a beard by elders in my Hall, they said it looked worldly .

• Gods_Kingdom
    Gods_Kingdom
    The Bible says God is a Spirit and God is Love.

Fantastic. What is a spirit, specifically? What is it made of, where is it, how can I detect it?

John 4:24 says God is a Spirit. The Bible does not give a detailed explanation as to exactly what is the makeup of a spirit. What we do know is that a spirit is invisible to us on earth. Angels are also spirits. Jesus was resurrected as a powerful spirit. Spirits do have the power to materialize into a fleshly body and was done from time to time in ancient times. Wicked angels once had the power to materialize but lost the power to do so due to abuse of this power.

The Bible gives us the information that is important for us to have a relationship with the creator, to have faith in him (Hebrews 11:6 says it is impossible to please God with out faith), and to have everlasting life. It does not explain every question we might have in detail. Many things not explained now will no doubt be better understood during Jesus Kingdom rule over the earth in the future at which time "new books will be opened" as mentioned in the book of Revelation.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What we do know is that a spirit is invisible to us on earth. Angels are also spirits.

Cool so only other spirits can see other spirits but humans cant see nothing.

ummm ? ??? didn't the bible say somewhere that an angel appeared ?

at which time "new books will be opened" as mentioned in the book of Revelation.

and I 'm guessing the Watchtower Corporation will get the job once again to publish these new books ?

• Gods_Kingdom
    Gods_Kingdom

Say why is God an old man and all the other lesser gods angels I suppose look like him ?

God isn't suppose to be an old dude that is going through the aging process .

That is not a picture of Jehovah God. That is an artists rendering of Jesus. He is sporting white hair and beard to symbolize his years of life and wisdom. Those are not angels behind him, they are again an artists rendering of the 144,000 co-rulers with Jesus in heaven. Similarly they are symbolic of age and experience and faithfulness. It is a symbolic picture rendering because the 144,000 are also comprised of faithful women.

You will never see an artists rendering of Jehovah God out of respect for the Almighty. No one has ever seen God so no artists rendering of His facial features is ever made.

As far as men sporting beards now a days here is my answer: We must take into consideration that Jehovah’s people are under scrutiny by the world. The message of the Kingdom that they are taking to the people is sometimes judged by the appearance of those bringing it. There is the possibility that a Christian brother or sister dressed in a certain style might so attract the attention of the person at the door that the person does not pay attention to what the Christian is saying, or concludes that we are no different from worldlings in morals or principles. If this is the case, then the message bearer is defeating the whole purpose of his or her field service. We are called upon, at times, to sacrifice our own convenience, to a greater or lesser degree, according to the need, in order to avoid stumbling some. This was the attitude of the apostle Paul: “In no way are we giving any cause for stumbling, that our ministry might not be found fault with; but in every way we recommend ourselves as God’s ministers.”—2 Cor. 6:3, 4. A clean shaved chin has more respect as a minister of God than not. Especially now with many taking clothing and hair and even tattoos to the extreme. One could go to a door in jeans and a tank top and bare feet but one who is dressed appropriately and hair clean cut better represents our creator to take the message of the Bible to them. The Bible says we are Gods representatives and must conduct ourselves as such for the time period we live in with the highest standards possible.

• Gods_Kingdom
    Gods_Kingdom
    I most certainly did not say that those who do not partake have NO ETERNAL LIFE. Those who do not partake (those who will not rule as Kings and Priests) has the hope of life on earth during the 1000 year reign of Jesus after Armageddon. Speaking of that time period Satan will be cast into a symbolic abyss (prison) and will not influence humans any longer. At the end of the 1000 years reign of Jesus and his co-rulers Satan will be let loose for a very short period of time and all those to choose to rebel against Jehovah will be destroyed with Satan. After that time those who have walked in faith in Jesus and his Ransom sacrifice and his Kingdom rule will live on for all eternity.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I was wondering God's Kingdom did Jesus command his disciplines to be clean shaven with short hair like a Roman aristocrat as they went about preaching the Gospel ?

Sounds to me that the WTS designs a public image they want for their own sales representatives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit